Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 chevy pro mod w.i.p (updates 11/11/12)

tyrone

Tyrone, you have inspired me to take '57 Chevy Bel Air to the bench. Actually all I have, is the body, so I have a question: What did you use for the frame? I have some styrene tubing, but I'm not sure if it's strong enough...

thanks guys for all the nice words.. keeps me pumped and motivated,,, <_< .. I'm really happy/suprised at how this chassis has turned out to be honest.. I did not know it be this much fun... I'ts not hard to get it right when you've got all this talent around you.... this chassis has some borowed ideas from all of your builds and a few chassis websites..... and thanks to Clay for sending me those chassis diagrams.... more updates hopefully a little later today doing yard work right now... :(

Edited by tyrone

You're doing great man! Keep it up. I love building chassis. Probably why I have so many started projects laying around here.

You're off to a great start. As far as your tail being narrow, believe me. It's much better to have it narrow than too wide or you'd never get a set of slicks in there.

thanks everybody... Robert you are right.. I'm having a blast... well I got the fire wall roughed in I'ts made up of 6 pieces of styrene, I used flash cards to make and test fit my templates before cutting them out... still a liitle work to do, like filling in the gaps, making the top section and I'm thinking about adding some bead work so they don't look so plain... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

here's the templates I made.. and the first 2 mid plates I made before getting it right...lol....

004-1.jpg

Edited by tyrone