Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I'm not much of a yard sale guy. In my area, all I ever see is clothes and baby toys. But today... I was suppose to be at this yard sale as I've been looking for this particular diecast for years.

Product- FunLine Muscle Tuner Nissan Skyline GT-R34

Price- $4 :D

IMG_20130817_120517_zps02f5669c.jpg

IMG_20130817_132612_zps7a4e0165.jpg

Nice little camera there Charlie. Just one question though....where are you finding 35mm film? Seems not many places are carrying it anymore...not that I've been looking for it. Camera shops perhaps. Guess you just have to find it and stock up! I was just looking at the '57 Ford Police Car yesterday myself at the hobby store, but didn't buy anything. :o Weird...I usually leave the store with something!

CVS, Walgreen's, and Wal-Mart all carry film, as well as good camera shops as a lot of pros still use film, especially black and white, for certain subjects, or at customer request- for example, if they want no electronic record of a photograph for some reason, like confidentiality.

Developing can still be done at may CVS stores and Walgreen's, and, again, quite a few camera shops have in-store processing with turnaround anywhere from 1 or two hours to one day.

That Ford is a really nice model, Andy. I recommend it.

Charlie Larkin

I like the Buick Charlie. First I would see how that chassis cleans up and how much of that glue mess would be covered up by an exhaust system. Otherwise, I'd first look at the repops of the '62 Electra. And as you mentioned there are a number of Chevys of that era with that same style center wishbone chassis. Fit, both wheel base and body to chassis, will tell you what's best.

I actually kinda forgot about the '62, as the Electra was the long-wheelbase car. Some years, the wildcat was LWB, some the short wheelbase of the LeSabre. I'll look at the specs for '64 and see what turns up.

I'll look at my '62 in-progress. I don't remember if that has an X-frame or not, but I know for fact the Chevy does.

As to your dad and photography, my dad loves shooting slides. I'll do them every so often. Dad also enjoy shooting black-and-white, so he can do his own developing. I'm planning on grabbing a roll of his Ilford Delta and heading to the western part of the state- the little towns and their commons are very appropriate when shot in B/W.

Dad's slides are usually 120, which are absolutely beautiful. The resolution is incredible and they look beautiful when projected or printed; which he does very occasional (big prints= BIG $$, film or digital), but the results are worth every cent.

I actually shot the pictures I used on P. 414 with Dad's Nikon D-something or other DSLR, and to be truthful, I don't really care for it. It's so small, I have trouble handling it well, and to be perfectly frank, it feels very cheaply made. That's one of many reasons I have (aside from a rather intense distrust of all things electronic), that I stick to film. I get a photo newsletter in my e-Mail, which, like everything else in photography now, is quite pro-digital, but even they caution against starting photographers on digital- make them learn film so they learn composition, forethought, and how to use time and resources efficiently. That, and there's something very deeply satisfying about putting your print in the developer bath and watching it come up. Those are things digits can't replace or replace well.

Charlie Larkin

Well we sold the Duster yesterday Morning at MoparFest, and I ended up buying a Duster kit, so I'll get a resin bench and '70 Grille for it. Bought a few other goodies while at MoparFest.

GEDC0281_zpsfc7bad29.jpg

GEDC0282_zps07d7def9.jpg

GEDC0284_zpsdf9d3f2b.jpg

GEDC0283_zps8ced13f8.jpg

Got to meet Mr. Norm and talk with him, also got his autograph! Very cool guy with some great stories!

Nick

German language DVDs? I remember back when I lived in Germany 1969-72 watching American TV shows in German. The Partridge Family and Brady Bunch spoke German rather well! :)

Yeah, they are in german. But I also watch DVDs in english, at example "Dexter" the seventh season, because it isn't available in german.

But my english is not so well that I understeand every joke or detail. It makes not so much fun ;)

002-2.jpg

Old 58 Cadillac gluebomb,all parts are there.

65 Chevy photoetch & coolant hose from Model Car Garage.

Resin mopar steelies with dog dish & Chevy mystery air cleaners. Scenes unlimited,superb service.

Carbon fiber decal sheet.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...