Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT White Road Boss

Well,had a major set-back with the Road Boss,all painted,ready for final assembly,went to apply the clearcoat when disaster struck! I dropped the cab/hood on the way in from painting (outside) so now it looks much like a "Krackel" candybar! with all the dirt stuck to it.Anyway,its in the "purple pond" as we speak,so i'll have to start over with the paint work................Such is modeling sometimes! Lol!.............................Mark

You sure hit the nail Tom. Just about everytime i have paint job come out really nice, either i drop it or the wind kicks up while its drying and off to play in the dirt it goes. I had it happen to me this past weekend, the wind kicked up and luckily it was just the visor my red pete that was victim, but now i gotta fix it. Mark i feel your pain and frustration.

• 2 months later...

Finally have some updates on the Boss to share! I got the cab/hood re-painted and decaled last night,got everything mocked up for final assembly. been a long uphill battle with this one! if I never see a set of these mirrors again,it will be too soon! they sorely tested my patience I ended up stripping the chrome and will repaint them with Alclad,the attachment points were just too bad and looked terrible when assembled..Same thing with the grille and cab marker lights. Well,here are a few pictures of my progress!........................Mark

post-9862-0-55840800-1411910035_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-00034600-1411910090_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-77946900-1411910112_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-08538800-1411910133_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-93114400-1411910158_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-85274200-1411910177_thumb.jp

Thank you all for the kind comments! it is surely appreacieated,getting back into the swing of things,got a good bit done today,just my old eyes aren't what they used to be! Lol! I meant to comment on the hood fit,strangely that was the ONLY area of assembly that didn't give me any problems,seems everyone else has srtuggled with that hood,maybe I did something right? Lol! might get a little more done this week,will keep everyone posted!..............................Mark

I meant to comment on the hood fit,strangely that was the ONLY area of assembly that didn't give me any problems,seems everyone else has srtuggled with that hood,maybe I did something right? Lol!

Most of the guys that complained about the hood didn't really understand how the hood actually fit. AMT did a good job with the cab/hood fit.

Thank you Sam! the dark blue stripes are the kit supplied decals,i was going for a "Box-Art" build,wanted it to be as close as possible. I am leaving off the sleeper,as the kits wheelbase is just too short and to me it looks out of place on the truck?...............................Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Had some bench time this weekend,got quite a bit of work done! about all that is left is the mirrors (still need to be painted) and the exaust system. Got the cab and hood permanently mounted,most of the details in place,not a whole lot left now to do and it will be done!..................................Mark

post-9862-0-98480500-1413761814_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-76058500-1413761838_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-97426800-1413761865_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-23823300-1413761884_thumb.jp