Model Cars Magazine Forum

*Completed Pics* - 69 Charger R/T

Ajay

I don't know if everybody else works the same way but

the 1st thing I have to do on a new project is to select the wheels that I'm going to use. This is the R-M Pro-Modeller kit - colour is Honda Nighthawk Black Pearlescent (still needs polishing) and rims are from the Revell Motor City 69 Shelby GT 500. Very early days yet - it's just a mockup to get the general idea of how the rims/ride height will look.

I'll post more progress as I make it.

rt.jpg

Thanks for looking

Looks very familiar Ajay...

paintedcharger3.jpg

The rims and tires are out of the 58 corvette kit from Revellogram. They are the same rims and tires you used. I rebuilt the kit spindles and front suspension along with the rear to get it into the weeds as this kit needs to be. Hopefully, yours will stay together longer than mine. The newest kitten discovered that with just a few leaps he could get up to all the shiny stuff on the shelf. The charger suffered the worst, but it is being rebuilt. Very Slowly, but it is being rebuilt.

UUUUGGGHH!!

I would be having the cat banished to the outside forever if that happened in my house. One thing I learned with cats is the only thing that works with them is fright! :o

My cats are banned from my model room although when I do allow them in the room they kinda just sit there and stare................waiting to make their move!

Pb250006-vi.jpg

:(:D

Here is my culprit. He was found wandering around on the front porch last October. He was deemed too cute by the wife to allow to live outside...

Zeus.jpg

He has since tried to overthrow the current hierarchy of cats a zillion times. The two older males are not having any of that though. So he has commenced to taking over that which he can, My pillow, the top rung on the the climbing pole

Zeus3-1.jpg

He rigorously defends his postion against all attackers

Zeus2-1.jpg

But I have yet to convince him that I rule the house. He goes to the doctor on friday to be 'fixed' My wife is desparately hoping that his 'correction' will calm him down a bit.

My cats are banned from my model room although when I do allow them in the room they kinda just sit there and stare................waiting to make their move!

I swear, mine, if he is awake, he is plotting some form of mischief!!!!!

Seems we hi-jacked your post... Never complimented you on the WIP.... Good lookin' ride, the wheels work well. And yes, I start projects the same way... gotta find the wheels and rake before it even gets considered an official project!

BTW... Dogs Rule... :lol:

• 1 month later...

A bit more progress -paints been polished out, majority of the BMF applied and I've made a start on the motor which is a hybrid of the 440 from the kit plus the induction system from the AMT Chrysler 300C. I've also decided to changed the rims to the custom ones from the California Wheels 67 Chevelle.

rt4.jpg

Thanks for looking

• 5 weeks later...
looks good! how did you do the vinyl roof?

Hi Glen

The kit came with the vinyl roof molded in - I just gave it a couple of light coats of automotive flat black through the airbrush. The kit I had was the one with the yellow car on the box art - I understand from a post on another forum that the roofline was too low and R/M

corrected this and it was reissued with a blue car on the box.

Thanks for the comments everybody - much appreciated - hopefully I'll have the 67 Coronet I'm working on finished over the weekend which is similar in style to the Charger.

Cheers

Andy