Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Jungle Jim Camaro F/C

Pro Tech

Thanks guys, I got the fuel and oil systems pretty much done. I myself do not install the secondary injector lines from the fuel blocks behind the scoop and blower to the injectors (under scoop and blower manifold) or do any of the throttle linkage. I use to install those years ago but have decided the time involvement to do these vs. the overall impact of the finished model is minimal so I exclude these now. I also think most times the anodized (painted) fittings on a model look a little overwhelming kinda like a fine piece of jewelry so for a number of years now I have been giving them a charcol wash to tone them down just a bit. Also the hole in the side of block (in front of starter) is for the water system. Thanks for looking.

JJeng5.jpg

JJeng6.jpg

JJeng7.jpg

JJeng8.jpg

JJeng9.jpg

JJeng10.jpg

Charlie

Pro Tecprotechmodelparts.com

Edited by Pro Tech

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, I got a little more done on this. The frame is finnished with the fuel/water tanks etc. I added my (Pro Tech) bolt/bolt heads to most of the suspension components for added detail, then added a light charcol wash to help highlight them further. Thanks for looking.

JJchassis4.jpg

JJchassis3.jpg

JJchassis2.jpg

JJchassis1.jpg

Charlie

Pro Tech

This is really shaping up Charlie and I really like the light wash look. Really makes the details 'pop.' This will be another masterpiece if you keep it up to your normal level of craftsmanship.

I really need to get an order in.

Thanks guys!

Brad, yeah I really thinks it helps pop those details with that shadow effect.

Rom, yeah it's been fun, and alot simpler than yours hahaha..............it's 1/25 scale by the way.

Richard, look forward to seeing your P/M builds using my parts, I'm sure they will look great!

Charlie

Pro Tech

Thanks, Brad and Richard,

Richard, the few pics I have of this actual version/car looks to me like the frame is somewhat of an orangy/red. It didn't look like a direct red or orange so what I did was to undercoat the frame with a dark gray and over-coated it with an orange, you can say I hate using the airbrush to get an exact shade with all that mixing and clean-up, so I'm a can only guy haha.... Yes the flash is producing a much brighter color than it is.

Charlie

Pro Tech