Model Cars Magazine Forum

The GT race car CBP(now open)

martinfan5

Well I finally got started on my kit, the Tamiya Toyota Celica GT-Four RC 92' safari rally winner. As for my decal problem I coated them today with some liquid decal film to save whats there,once I put them on I plan to make this thing look like if just finished the race covered in mud and dirt. Now one question I have that I can't find with google is the color of the chassis on this car, the instructions say clear orange but I want to see it before I paint it. Anyone just so happen to know what color it's suppose to be?

Looks great, you did a good job, I give you props

I have one thing left to do on the Minolta and then its finished, I just need to tint the headlight covers, I will get some pics posted soon

I have picked out my next build, since I am back on a Nissan kick, its going to be to the Pennzoil R34 GTR

Ok, getting started on the R34

IMG_0028_zps75fe6491.jpg

IMG_0031_zpseb4614c1.jpg

Body in a quick coat of white primer

IMG_0039_zpsf1d21024.jpg

and the chassis in aluminum

IMG_0043_zpsf72c8397.jpg

and started working on the front suspension

IMG_0038_zps73a61064.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Hi Jonathan

Think I'm ready to join in now if I may. My first choice was the Simil R Pescarolo but that can wait after seeing Juan's build :wacko: , so I'm going with this instead:

014_zps8fd6a43a.jpg

I thought someone else had chosen this too, but can't see it being built so I'll give it a go. I don't have any alternative decals so this will be a box stock build, although I intend to use the new Tamiya metallic orange that featured on my Cannonball Run Mustang ^_^

Off to the workbench

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be joining in on this CBP. Two other forums I frequent are doing a 911 build in honor of the 50th anniversary of the 911. So what I'm doing already fits in with this CBP. A pic of the box art and contents.

935000-vi.jpg935001-vi.jpg

I decided to do a chassis stand/jig for possible display purposes.

935002-vi.jpg935003-vi.jpg935004-vi.jpg935005-vi.jpg

I assembled all of the chassis pieces together and painted them grey. It's not the color the instructions call out, but I like the way details in the interior stand out with that color. The instructions called for white.

935006-vi.jpg935007-vi.jpg935008-vi.jpg935009-vi.jpg

I too have made some progress this last two weeks. I had to finish a trailer combo for my club's theme night, but got some colour on the Maclaren and finished the chassis - good to see it up on wheels :) but the paint still needs polishing.

010_zps16c73082.jpg

014_zps6cd82b82.jpg

The trailer combo featured a race car but didn't qualify for this CBP:

002_zpsff55dd0c.jpg

Been working on the front suspension. Since the sponsor decals say it has Bilstein shocks, and the Bilsteins I had back in the day were yellow, I took the liberty of painting the shocks yellow. I added the Tamiya jar to get a sense of the size.

935017-vi.jpg935018-vi.jpg935019-vi.jpg935020-vi.jpg935021-vi.jpg

That Porsche is coming along great!

I second that, this should be a good comm. build. Shades of the general race car build, but nice. I also had a breakthrough with my Shelby race conversion so I should be getting some good stuff going on that soon.