Model Cars Magazine Forum

Late night model builders?

I actually tend to do a lot of night building in the summer when I don't sleep well- a/c or not. I also tend to do a lot of my summertime painting at night, when the humidity is lower and there's less of a chance of things going wrong with the paint.

The rest of the year, I've been known to indulge in a little night-time building, too. Sleep doesn't always come easily or well to me, so I have to do something.

Charlie Larkin

Much of my building is done 8-11 pm, once my wife has tuned into something I won't watch like The Bachelor or Dancing With The Stars. That's my cue to head up to the model room.

Tom that is me too. Last night I sat down and what does my wife turn on ? Dancing with the Stars ! I said, well wifey, I know have something that needs paintin'....and that I did. Same with that ridiculous Bachelor show.

Though...my wife likes Chasing Classic cars and Wheeler Dealers, 2 of my favorite shows.

JJ

I always listen to coast to coast while building models (640 AM los Angeles, CA) (but i really wish art bell was back, or that george knapp would have been Art's replacement LOL!,)

Yep, though I download them and listen the night after because I hate commercials, so I hear them on a 24 hour delay lol. The program is around 2.5 hours without commercials.

David Paulides was on again recently talking about the tons of creepy disappearances in our national parks, the stories always creep me out, especially since I go hiking/camping regularly. :unsure:

Anyway, painting at night sucks, but you get more done since no one is around to tell you to do things like take out the trash or get groceries lol. I usually just basecoat at night since I have to paint by hand, detailing and drybrushing during the day only.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire