Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Brad... Thank you. Sorry to make you cuss ;)

Simon... Thank you. Looking forward to seeing you at GSL and catching up.

Ray... I appreciate the kind words, Thank you and I can't wait to have it finished.

Dave... Thank you. I appreciate it.

Dave R... Thank you very much

Scott... Thank you for the kind words.

Tim... I think maybe this is the first time I may of stumped you?? lol

Dave W.... thank you

Randy... Thank you my friend. I am really looking forward to seeing you soon.

Jess... Thank you and I just have to say.... That pic is Bitchin' and Bad A$$!!. It's getting closer.

Well Fellas... I am slowing making headway with things little by little. Not much more to show at the moment but I Continue to have set back's and can't catch a break on this build. I am in a fix it mode currently and I am staring to wonder if I will be able to have it done in time for the DSC.

I am in a fix it mode currently and I am staring to wonder if I will be able to have it done in time for the DSC

If you don't feel like its gonna be done in time,,,,, Dont sweat it.

Besides,,,,, I haven't bought my plane ticket to Az for this show yet .

Man I tell ya its been a long while since I have been on this site but I am just amazed at the work and dedication on the Vega you are doing . It has been a while since I have done any work on my Daytona but after reading lots of pages I am hooked again. Mate I am gobsmacked. If it does not fire up your using the wrong FUEL lol Darryl.

Bill... thanks.. I have been pushing myself to get this done but keep messing things up trying to hurry up. Soni have had to fix things.

Bob... thanks. I have been plugging away but time is getting the best of me right now.

Danno... thanks.... well looks like you may be able to crown me the King of "Next Year" and ypu are going to get to have your fun teasing me yet another year and I will have to live with it.

John... thank you. The belt lettering was a decal and I weathered it to tone it down and try to make it look used.

Simon... I am looking forward to seeing you and catching up with you.

Brad.... well I have bad news for you, unfortunately got sick last week and still recovering so I haven't had any build time for the past week and time isn't on my side, so not looks like it won't be done yet again.

Darryl... thank you very much for the kind words and for following along.

David... thank you Sir, I appreciate the kind words.

Well Fellas.... not sure how to say this but I have some Bad news, first off the F/C is not going to be done in time for DSC. I have been pushing myself so hard trying to rush to get it done in time and well I got sick last week and that took me away from the bench. I needed time on my side in order to get it done and well it wasn't.  Second... the way my luck has been with this lately, well luck hasn't been on my side by any means. I had some  more unfortunate hurdles and set backs yet again with the body. I have been trying to rush this build so much that I screwed things up yet again. At this time I will be lucky to even get it fixed and done in time for GSL. I am sad to say this but the funny car will not be making an appearance at DSC. Not sure what else to say, but I am sorry guys......I know I have let you guys down but I guess it just wasn't ment to be done.....  I am just about ready to shelf this progect and walk away from it at this point.....

Chris you have nothing to apologize for. I can feel your frustration as I've been in your position before. I know you will finish this to your satisfaction. You have set the bar high with this project and the quality of the work shows. Relax, take a deep breath, and have some fun. 

Hi Chris, there are far too many good things that you've accomplished over the course of this build and hurdles you've overcome to quit on it now.  So, take that deep deep breath and step away until you're feeling better and then come back to it.  We're all rooting for ya' and we'll raise a glass in celebration the day it is done, and there is no doubt, it WILL get done.   Cheers, Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys but I don't have much to show at the moment. I am running out of time for GSL and have been trying to focus my time on getting this thing done but there are those hurdles and issues that keep coming up. Plus the last 2 days I have been working on a presentation for GSL. So needless to say I lost valuable build time that I needed.