Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Freightliner Single Axle

Like I said in one of my other post, I have way to much going on. Here's another one on the workbench. This was once built up as a CF truck by me when I was younger. The years took its toll on it , so I decided to give it a restoration as well. I'm not quite sure whether it's going to be Blue with a White stripe or a black stripe. It's going to have twin straight pipes as well as dual air intakes.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t121/ro...0Single%20Axle/

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Tim! I had removed the back of the cab, because I was going to try and make a double bunk cabover using the daycab and back half of the full cabover. After looking at it and thinking I could have 2 cabover freightliners instead of 1, I decided to go this way. That and the fact these kits are like Gold on eBay. I used the tires from an old Ertl kkit, the wheels came from the AMT t-600 Kenworth. The fuel tanks are from the Revell snap Peterbilt. The cummins motor accidently fell in front of my can of Cat Yellow paint!! I also noticed that the passenger side front steer, sticks out just a bit beyond the cab. I'm going to have to knock that rim off and sand down the hub a little bit, to get it to sit in a little more. There's are model show coming up in September here, and I'd like to enter a couple of these builds in it. It would be the first time for me for something like that. I want to enter this truck, as well as my Pete and curtainside trailer, my Kenworth with the cattle wagon and my Pete and Auto rack. Hopefully I can get these all buttoned up by then. Once I get those done, I'm taking a break from the big trucks and starting work on the Old Meister Breau Pulling tractor. I'm building that for my father in law for Christmas. Thanks for looking. :D

This looks great. I'm impressed with the standard of restoration works that I have seen on the forum. Its difficult to tell that the trucks are restorations. It amazes me how to strip the trucks with out damaging the components etc. The SD Freightliner is an expensive kit to buy so restoration if you have the skills is definately a feasible option.

Very Impressive, keep the photo's coming I certainly want to see how this one ends up.