Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foreign Vehicle build (Started)

martinfan5

Big wheels are great if you get it closer to the ground. I would use smaller diameter to get it closer to the ground if you can't fit the big ones in the wheelhouses. Just me, but I like close to the ground. It looks better. Should be a cool model.

Hey thats just the dry fit and yes it will be put to the ground or as close to it as possible :) I m not building a rock crawler here you know. :D

You dont mean that the rear are to big? To me they apear a little on the big side. The front are a little bit like Volvo turbine wheels :)

When you drop it to the ground, the wheels/tyres will be way up in the wheelhouse, which may mean that the front openings would have to be enlarged to allow for steering.

OK, I know its only a model (or bagged ;)) but I prefer smaller wheels at the front as in your first picture IMHO

When you drop it to the ground, the wheels/tyres will be way up in the wheelhouse, which may mean that the front openings would have to be enlarged to allow for steering.

OK, I know its only a model (or bagged ;)) but I prefer smaller wheels at the front as in your first picture IMHO

Yes i think so to that to much is to much. No way that i gonna get those wheels to fit under that. So back to the original ones. Would have been nice thou whit big ones.

Roadkill- the chassis is looking good, this is one popular car , on a UK forum , it seems like everyone is building one, its kind of making me want to .

I am trying to decide what I am going to do next, I am pretty much done with the 360, got the wheels on, just need to take some pics.

Edited by martinfan5

Got the E-type almost completed, just the thorny task of fitting the tilting front end and a few minor jobs to finish. Weather here is awful at the moment, but got some primer on the DTM Mercedes and will start building that before I jet off to Canada for the holidays.

004-10.jpg

Yes it would, car or truck, I should made the thread title say vehicle instead of car. You are welcome to join with the truck

cool, ill look up the exact year and get started on it shortly

it is a nissan truck, but since it will be an offroad vehicle i need to check the partsbox for a good motor because the 350 thats in it wont do the trick

Thanks Jonathan - looking forward to your next build(s) and the others too. I fly out on Friday so don't expect much progress on my builds but I would like to see the Jag finished.

Rainy day yesterday so had a good time on the Merc engine/chassis. It fell together, just like the Audi, but the decals for the valve covers are too short :angry:. Hope the other 70-odd decals are ok :unsure:. Yes, I know I didn't remove the Revell trademark etc, it's all hidden anyway, plus I forgot and just wanted to build yesterday :rolleyes:

001-8.jpg

003-8.jpg

013-4.jpg

Got the wheels/brakes painted & decaled tonight, dullcote on the wheels to tone down the chrome. Will apply decals to tyres and then dullcote these too.

014-2.jpg

Have to go on building my Volvo/Audi hybrid. Gotta do a custom made frame for it thou i guess. Will be a little difficult to get the Audi DTM parts to fit in the Volvo Amazon. But have to try it first to modifie the Volvo first. Pics when i m a little longer in to the next stage of the build. :)

No worries, I dont plan on closing this CBP any time soon, there a ton of foreign car kits that I want to build , so just myself I could keep this CBP going for a long time :lol:

At the speed you build Jonathan I hope you have several tons :D

I have quite a few foreign cars too, so I'll keep you company

Finished the Merc DTM wheels tonight with some dullcote to tone down the tyre decals which are too glossy. Still a little shiny but I don't want to overdo it :unsure:

002-7.jpg

Also started applying decals to the body - this will take a couple of evenings I reckon :mellow: