Model Cars Magazine Forum

STILETTO! A Personal Jet SPEEDER...WIP 12-26-12

Ira, could you elaborate on how you applied the Rub N Buff to the knobs? It looks great. Keep up the good work, your builds are always fascinating!

Thanks Hugh!

I put a little Rub & Buff on my finger and rubbed it on the buttons. It's a paste, you apply a thin layer and you can polish it with a rag or Q-Tip... B)

ED'S NEW RIDE...

The Pilot from the Stinger Kit had an Uniform and Hat. I ground off the hat with the Dremel Tool. I also removed the High Collar and Zipper down the from of the Jacket.

DSCN9748S.jpg

I thought it would be Fun to set up Ed Roth as the Pilot. So I added Putty for Hair, Beard and to cover up the Jacket.

DSCN9759S.jpg

After sanding the Putty smooth, I sprayed some Grey Primer/Filler on the Figure...

DSCN9774S.jpg

After a little more putty and sanding and I sprayed a Basecoat of Flat White on the Figure...

DSCN9830S.jpg

Looks like Ed is ready for some Painting... :rolleyes:

ADDING A LITTLE COLOR...

I started by painting Ed's T Shirt with White Acylic Paint. Then I painted his Jeans with 2 shades of blue.

DSCN9843S.jpg

I painted the flesh color next. Then I painted the hair Black. I used pointed Tooth Picks to paint Ed's Beard, Mustash and Eye Brows...

DSCN9851S.jpg

I added a Rat Fink Decal to Ed's T Shirt. Then I sprayed the body and arms with Testors Dull Coat.

DSCN9861S.jpg

Quick Test Fit !

DSCN9913S.jpg

I think he likes it... B)

ENGINES!!!

I'm working on the Engines Now. I applied Bare Metal Foil to some of the parts and used Brass, Flat Black, Flat Aluminum and Chrome Silver paint on the others. The Tail Lights are from a '37 Cord.

DSCN0084S.jpg

I applied some Black "The Detailer" Wash on parts of the Engines...

DSCN0112S.jpg

Here is the Front View. The Headlights are from the old AMT Parts Pack...

DSCN0117S.jpg

B)

FLAMES!!!

Got Ed in the Cockpit and glued his arms in place. I used Aleene's Tacky Glue to fill the Shoulder Gaps...

DSCN0134S.jpg

After searching for a while, I found that the Revell '68 Corvette Flame Decals were perfect for the Stiletto!

DSCN0120S.jpg

Here are the Flame Decals in place...

DSCN0150S.jpg

ALMOST FINISHED!!!

DSCN0144S.jpg

B)