Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #145 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

Not seeing the "Show Results" option....... :unsure:

:unsure:

Go to top of page, to the two bar graphs of vote results. The ones that show the two categories voted on. Roll your cursor over the small print in the parentheses that shows the vote statistics, you'll see a small box appear that says "View Voters". Click on that line of text to see the list of screen names that voted.

If it were a run-of-the-mill exotic (Ferrari/Lamborghini) this would be easier! Go stand outside and wait for one to drive by...maybe you'd need to wait 10 minutes! :D

Not in MY part of LA, which Jan and Dean (or one of those surfin' groups) made famous for little old lady drivers. I'm always amazed to see so many exotics when we go to the West Side and the beach, especially Malibu. All we see here in Pasadena are Porsches and Mercedes, and that's because we have a dealer - Rusnak - in town.

But it's true that you don't see McLarens, even in downtown Malibu. I did see one once; it was Jay Leno's. He brought it to the annual "All Things British" show at Woodley Avenue Park. I doubt there are more than ten in the U.S.

Edited by Ddms

Final vote:

Real: 8

Model: 50

Wow, were you guys fooled! :D

The thin panel gaps were a tell.

Honest, I didn't try to find it on the Internet until AFTER I voted. But when I did, I went to the McLaren website. What a great surprise. It's almost as cool and amazing as the F1 itself. http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/uk/

Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the menu tabs; if you click on the "Drawer Configure" you can assemble "your own" McLaren F1. It's kinda sorta like building a model.

NOT TO BE MISSED!