Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why on Earth did you get me that

That's pretty sad right there. We will talk to you Phil or at least write. I hope you will have a good Christmas.

You are not alone with this wish Ray.

Thanks Ray & Rob, your support is greatly appreciated. Xmas day was good, I survived it, lol. Hope you both had a good day & here's praying blessings upon you & you loved ones for the new year & that also goes for all fellow modelers. May our stashes never empty or glue dry up.

I see Christmas as an event to survive. For some of us, it is wracked with depression and stress. I only have to buy for my wife, who is absolutely impossible to buy for. I have never heard her say "I would like that" referring to an item in a store. Now I need to figure out how to deal with a bunch of useless trinkets from my stocking. Our sparse income went towards the purchase of this stuff. She seems to think I need computer cable holders.... every Christmas.
Thank God it's over.

l LOVE old cars & trucks, the 3 major sports (my wife & daughters know my favorite teams) & playing guitar. They don't like my choice of music, so l rarely get to play without hearing complaints. They hate sports, so l rarely get to watch any. I can no longer afford real cars & trucks to "play with". That leaves building models, which they KNOW l love. When they asked what l wanted, l said "any model in 1:25 scale. Doesn't matter if l already have it, that just means l like it !"

l got a decorative mirrored guitar to hang on the wall in my studio !!!!!! Apparently to remind me guitars are meant to look at, not to be played ??!!! What the....???!!!!

Actually I can relate to this topic.

I have been working on a project the requires widening soft, rubber tires found in a Peterbuilt kit. I have been fretting on how to keep the tread pattern consistent in height on the different slices of tread and could not find the correct size tubing to support them. Well..

We had a white elephant exchange at our house and I ended up with a clear plastic Candy Cane full of those little bottles of some booze called Pucker. Rather than try to drink away my concerns about the tires, I went to the garage and found that the tube that held the bottles was the perfect diameter I needed. I ran back in the house and let everyone know how happy I was that the tire problem was solved. It was kind of a Animal House "Otis My Man" moment.

Scott

We had a white elephant exchange at our house and I ended up with a clear plastic Candy Cane full of those little bottles of some booze called Pucker. Rather than try to drink away my concerns about the tires, I went to the garage and found that the tube that held the bottles was the perfect diameter I needed. I ran back in the house and let everyone know how happy I was that the tire problem was solved. It was kind of a Animal House "Otis My Man" moment.

Scott

IMG_2675-vi.jpg

When I was finishing up this interior, I had scratch built the coffee maker but was having a problem finding something the right size of round clear to make the coffee pot. I went through all kinds of sprue hoping one would be big enough. I finally gave up. We were out to dinner and I unwrapped a straw. Ureka! There it was, round, clear and the right size! I almost wanted to go home right then!

Anything beats the soap on a rope gift..... :lol:

I see your Soap on a Rope, and raise you a Peach coloured track suit. :blink: A gift I got back in the 80's from my late mother in law. This thing went into the Goodwill bin on the way home from christmas dinner at their home.

I got one for ya. About 2 years ago. My daughter and son in law got me a Johnny Cash box cd set.

I don't even like him.

How do I get rid of that?

I will take it of your hands......Me a big fan of Johnny Cash....The Man in Black....

Ha i still have the Cassette Box Set...which i still listen too...in my ole car, that still has the original cassette player in it..

Cheers....Don aka XJ6 B)

I was looking at the picture and noticed the TV Guide in the holder. They haven't produced a digest size TV Guide in quite some time. That holder must have been some old stock that you would find in a discount store. Great idea for re-purposing!