Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Bel Air custom

Roadkill2525

Finally got back from vacation and decided to start this kit.

post-2-1195358957.jpg

Im going with a 60's era mild custom look to it, I've rounded up some parts like '53 Corvette grille, assorted wheels, and a few engine choices. The body will be Testors Inca Gold and White Lighting.

Any ideas or thoughts would be great.

Edited by El Destructo Inc

Quad headlights for the bel air would be cool. Also if you have heard of the barris aztec conver i think i would give u lots of ideas for it. But i think if you post pics of the items you have for it it would give us alittle more of an idea. But anyway i think it will turn out cool.

Was there a continental kit availible with the convertible kit?

Yes there was. Particularly in the first issue there was only the connie kit and bumper..........not the regular stock one. A disappoint for those of us who don't like continental kits. :lol:

The next modified reissue was the Pace Car convertible which had the regular stock bumper.

Ya'all too young to member wha us ole foogey bodymen be doin backindda 60's PAN CAKE HOODS! CANTED QUAD HEAdLIGHTS! ROLLAND PLEATED PADS IN DA FENDER WELLS BUBBLE TOPS and not just the stuff Starbird did either Chrome Bullits on the reverse wheels! Packard Tail lights! VERY VERY VERY detailed trunks!!!! Common find sum chrome gas-oil water cans fronm an A M T 63 annual T- Bird ! Man if myou aint near sixty like me you missed out on a very REAL PIECE of LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ed Shaver

Yes there was. Particularly in the first issue there was only the connie kit and bumper..........not the regular stock one. A disappoint for those of us who don't like continental kits. :lol:

The next modified reissue was the Pace Car convertible which had the regular stock bumper.

i wish they would include both like on the 59 impala kits.... :unsure:

I like your wheel/tire choice! However I wonder if a narrow whitewall might be more in keeping with the 1960s look since narrow whites were in widespread use starting around '61/'62. A 409 with dual quads woulda been pretty hot stuff too!

The Inca Gold/white combo would be cool if you can do a Winfield-style fade job or maybe some Watson type panels.