Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Sketch Pad Artist" Mike Lomaka "ITALIVETTE"

John Teresi

I am honored you choose one of my drawings as a basis of one of your builds. This one was one of my favorites. Combining the the styles of the Vette and the Ferrari lends itself to a lot of ideas. Thanks for posting pics and keeping us up to date. Looks great so far!

Keep us posted,

Mike

I am honored you choose one of my drawings as a basis of one of your builds. This one was one of my favorites. Combining the the styles of the Vette and the Ferrari lends itself to a lot of ideas. Thanks for posting pics and keeping us up to date. Looks great so far!

Keep us posted,

Mike

Mike.......I am the one that is honored........to try and replicate a true work of art........I am going to use the chassis and engine of the Ferrari...... and a mix of the Vette and Ferrari for the interior........I think I might have gotten real close to your body style?........I will post new pictures tomorrow......thank you again for such a beautiful drawing......John

Edited by John Teresi

Oh, this just got knee slappin' awesome. Just what this place needed, another master to bow to. What's next? We rub a lamp and Gene Winfield pops out?

So, Mike, um, any of those features that lent itself to an idea that didn't make it onto the final artwork? Listen, I've got connections around here and I could use some influence on Mr. Teresi to, shall we say, fix that for you? HMMmmmmm?

Hello.......I decided to use the Ferrari chassis and engine.......I did a lot of modifications for it to work.......I will use bottom front and rear belly pans......the body is close to what I want......I modified the roof a little more and modified the side panels......I made a rear diffuser......and finished up the front spoiler......I will use a combination of the Vette and Ferrari for the interior......this is just a mock-up everything is held together with tape......thank`s for looking.

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Any possibility of casting thy body? I'd buy one!

Aaron.......thank you for the offer but,.......I don`t know how to cast resin and.........I don`t feel comfortable sending it out to someone to cast.......unless I get somekind of reasonable deposit......thank`s

Wow, great job so far. I have a little suggestion. I like what you are doing so far and I see what you are doing to the rear. One thing that might help unclutter the rear is to move the exhaust to under the licence plate. The rectangle that you already have in place is what I was originally planning on using, though I was struggling with using round ones since both Ferrari and Vetts have them. It could look like the newer Vetts if you put some space between the two sets of 2 outlets. Just a suggestion. Keep it up. How do you find the time to get so much done every day?!

Mike

Edited by mikelo

i used that glue many times but walmart stop selling it :(:angry: at least here in PR, now im using loctite control glue(RED) or nail super glue from walgreens, thats too bad that they dont sell it cause it was a good glu at a low price, just to let you know :) :) keep building :D

Wow, great job so far. I have a little suggestion. I like what you are doing so far and I see what you are doing to the rear. One thing that might help unclutter the rear is to move the exhaust to under the licence plate. The rectangle that you already have in place is what I was originally planning on using, though I was struggling with using round ones since both Ferrari and Vetts have them. It could look like the newer Vetts if you put some space between the two sets of 2 outlets. Just a suggestion. Keep it up. How do you find the time to get so much done every day?!

Mike

I wasn't gonna say that, But since Mike drew it....I agree 100%

I tried this kind of mix on my Z 12......we won't talk about that one.....

One thing that might help unclutter the rear is to move the exhaust to under the licence plate. The rectangle that you already have in place is what I was originally planning on using...

I agree. Either the big rectangular outlet, or four smaller round ones... but under the plate, between the diffuser blades. I'd also make the bottom edges of the body below the taillights parallel to the ground, not angled like you have them (as in this quickie Photoshop "sketch"):

vette-rear-end.jpg

vette-rear-end-c.jpg

vette-rear-end-b.jpg

Hello.......I did some work on the chassis and interior.......I decided to go with the Ferrari chassis and engine......the chassis had to be modified to work with the Corvette body.......I used a combination of the Corvette interior and Ferrari interior.......which also had to be modified to work......it`s not perfect......but,good enough for the girls I go with.......chassis and belly pan`s painted Dupont "Jarret" red and interior is flat black from the can with satin clear coat.......the dash was also modified with aluminum dash and glove box........ "Pro Tech" and scratch gauges.......trans and exhaust painted alclad.......I will work on the engine tonight ......thank`s for looking.

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg

I agree. Either the big rectangular outlet, or four smaller round ones... but under the plate, between the diffuser blades. I'd also make the bottom edges of the body below the taillights parallel to the ground, not angled like you have them (as in this quickie Photoshop "sketch"):

vette-rear-end.jpg

vette-rear-end-c.jpg

vette-rear-end-b.jpg

Harry......very impressive photo shop.........I have corrected the body......I will go with the original art work of Mr. Lomaka.......out of respect for his beautiful drawing.......but,I do like your last picture.......thank`s