Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bedford (GM of England) 5 Ton dump truck

I considered putting this model into the "BigRig' Forum, but the vehicle just doesn't seem to fit that category....it's too compact.

This early post-war Bedford OSBT truck model kit is made by EMHAR and, I think, builds into a cute, interesting looking small British dump truck.

I've added hinges to both the engine hood (bonnet in 'Brit-speak) and the doors since although they're all molded as separate parts, they're intended to glue permanently in either open or closed position. I also fabricated the dumping hydraulic mechanism in polished aluminum tubing and styrene because it also is intended to be permanently glued in up or down position as manufactured by EMHAR.

I did find the alignment of hood, fenders and grill shell to require a bit of tweaking to fit well, but part of that issue may have been exacerbated by my hinging mods to the hood.

I used automotive basecoat/clearcoat on the cab, frame, and wheels, and then used only basecoat on the simulated wood dump body, and I added a touch of foil on the appropriate grill bars

P5010130.jpg

P5010137.jpg

P5010121.jpg

P5010122.jpg

P5010131.jpg

P5010135.jpg

Edited by traditional