Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Chevy Truck up date 2/25

Interior mods are now complete, just need to put some color to it. First up I found some parts box seats,cut the centers out and put plastic behind them ,them I installed the pleats to the center.I then made some headrest using the ends off of a muffler added pleats and made the adjustment bar out of brass.

IMG_0662-vi.jpgIMG_0664-vi.jpg

IMG_0665-vi.jpgIMG_0666-vi.jpg

Next I embeded the panels from the 64 chev truck into the door panels.I added a piece of trim to the dash. I also made a headliner out of sheet plastic then added pleats to it, then took a small piece of tubing and added it to the outer edge of the healiner.

IMG_0674-vi.jpgIMG_0676-vi.jpg

IMG_676-vi.jpgIMG_0673-vi.jpg

Last but not least I scribed a gas door, and added the spotlights. I drilled holes in the lights and added a piece of small tubing into the ends and then I drilled holes in the truck body for placement of these lights. Thanks for looking, More to come.

IMG_0678-vi.jpgIMG_0677-vi.jpg

IMG_0680-vi.jpgIMG_0679-vi.jpg

Glad to see someone making such great progress! I tried to build the truck from the illustration too. Trouble is, I messed up in an epic way, and ended up with this-

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckMost/customs-1/60-chevy-tub/res-012.html

Can't wait to see what color you decide upon!

Hey Chuck your truck looks pretty good to me, I would put it on my shelf anyday. As far as the color I really have'nt picked one yet but I am going to try to do a fade paint job similar to what Gene Winfield did back in the 60's. Wish me luck. Thanks

Hey Chuck your truck looks pretty good to me, I would put it on my shelf anyday. As far as the color I really have'nt picked one yet but I am going to try to do a fade paint job similar to what Gene Winfield did back in the 60's. Wish me luck. Thanks

oh if your doing a fade then let me find the video for that as well from a tv show i watch they showed how to do that so you may be better at it! ill look for that tommarow and oh the glass and the chassie from the 64 chev that you didnt use are you just tossing it in the parts bin or what cause i could use that so i dont have to scrap another kit! :D

Oh, I'm very happy with how mine came out! :( And again, glad to see you're making the effort to turn Brad's drawing into a reality. It would look killer with a fade paint job.

oh if your doing a fade then let me find the video for that as well from a tv show i watch they showed how to do that so you may be better at it! ill look for that tommarow and oh the glass and the chassie from the 64 chev that you didnt use are you just tossing it in the parts bin or what cause i could use that so i dont have to scrap another kit! :)

I will not be using the chassis or the windshield from the 64 truck. There is alot of parts left from the truck and I dont think I will need any of them. I will look through the kit and see if I need anything else. If you want what is left it yours. Send me a PM with your info and I will get it to you after I look at the kit.This may take me a couple of days.

I will not be using the chassis or the windshield from the 64 truck. There is alot of parts left from the truck and I dont think I will need any of them. I will look through the kit and see if I need anything else. If you want what is left it yours. Send me a PM with your info and I will get it to you after I look at the kit.This may take me a couple of days.

heres the show you need to watch if your doing a fade paint job if it doesnt come up as "Second Chance Silverado Part 3: Color Match Paint" then hit the search button on the video screen and type it in and it should come up!

http://www.powerblocktv.com/video/?ep_show=TK

Great build! I like the look, that top fits just perfectly to this body, and modifications are done very nicely. I like those new spotlights more that the old ones. Interior looks very good too, this one is going to be really great model, when it's complete. Can't wait. B)

Made a litle progress, been working on the chassis and engine.Made some brake rotor. I used some old parts box disc brakes,shaved off the caliper and added plastic to make it wider. Also made front and rear springs out of wire coiled around some tubing for size.Had to make new trailing arms cause I lost one of the originals,they are not exact but they will do.

IMG_0688-vi.jpgIMG_0691-vi.jpg

IMG_0692-vi.jpgIMG_0693-vi.jpg

IMG_0694-vi.jpgIMG_0695-vi.jpg

Here are some pictures of the engine. I tried to make a convencing custom fuel injection that you might see in a 1960's custom.I tried three times and this is what I ended up with, Will need some tweaking to look right. Comments are always welcome. Thanks

IMG_0699-vi.jpgIMG_0702-vi.jpg

Here it sits with the final ride height I hope you like it. Thanks for looking

IMG_0690-vi.jpg

John........sure doe`s look AWESOME man......coming along great.

Thanks John coming from you that is a compliment.I did notice that I used down draft carbs instead of side drafts I will have to fix that later.

Edited by customsrus

Update on motor hope you like it.I changed the engine up a little I made a scratch built intake manifold out plastic tubing and filled in between tubes with pieces of thin plastic. As said before I used down draft carbs instead of side drafts (my bad), so I modified the down drafts to look a little like side drafts (hopefully). I still need to shape the flanges a bit and do some final sanding to complete it. But what do you think.? Comments welcomed good or bad

IMG_0707-vi.jpgIMG_0709-vi.jpg

IMG_0708-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus