Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Widow attempt #1 (crash and burn)

speedy5963

Hello all, was looking for something else and saw this boxed up so I thought I'd post a few pics. This was my first attempt at building a Revell Black Widow. It started out great, Interior decals laid down nicely, had black flocking all around, floor, seats and doors. Had some issues with a few pieces fitting correctly and turned out to be at the last minute for needing to get it finished. Paint came out decent, HOK Organic Green over Planet Green base and the lighter green on decklid and upper rear panels is HOK Limetime Pearl. Will be playing with another one of these soon, more time for sure will be taken, enjoy the pics.

post-4418-12740677940224_thumb.jpg

Edited by speedy5963

Thank you all for the comments, the hood does not sit right, some of the trim pieces did not fit right either. It started out really good but was trying to get it done for an event and didn't take the time needed, eventually I'll do another one and know a few things to check ahead of time.

B)

Very nice build!

I like your colour choice Man!

Really kicks at you!

Very Smooth, really like it !

Thank You for sharing

Later

Russ

;)

thank you for the comments Russ, I had a lot of different ideas on color but when I walked out to the shed and saw the two greens it hit me as to what I wanted. I was a little concerned about the urethane building up with the Kandy but with a green base it only took a few coats with the organic to cover.