Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROCKET VAN! Deals Wheels Flying VW Van. WIP 11-30-12

Ira

Rockets don't breathe air. They don't need intakes. Cool project, though. I always follow your threads.

Thanks Lee!

By the way, ALL of my CarToon Rocket Engines NEED Lots of Intakes and Vents!!!... B)

It's like Star Wars Stuff, if it looks Cool...it's Cool!

:P

Yes, but you are talking about conventional rockets. These are Ira's SOOPERHITEKCARBONGRAPHITEAMMONIUMPOLYMERGOFAST rockets. I can assure you, they need intakes! :D

Now for my good friend on the opposite coast. have you gone full circle in that you undealing a DW? I thought the idea was to put bigger wheels on a scale car, not smaller wheels on a DW. :huh::D I'm curious to see where you are taking this. I know it will be crazy!

Carry on buddy.

Thanks Dave!

:D

I always thought the Rear Deals Wheels Van Tires were Way Too BiG!

:o

I prefer the "Sleeper" Look for the van, Very Wide Low Tires - Tucked inside the body, with 18,000 Horsepower in the Back... B)

PORTHOLES!!!

I thought Rocket Van Needed some Portholes so, I measured the space and traced a couple of holes...

DSCN8393R.jpg

I started the holes with a #11 X-Acto Blade and then I used a Ream to open up the holes. I have some chrome wheel rings that fit these holes if I decide to add trim to the Portholes later...

DSCN8395R.jpg

B)

Oh man I love CarToons stuff! Loved the magazine too. I will be watching this build. That engine brought a smile to my face! So awesome! Keep em coming! I went through the last 3 pages very quickly excited to see more!

Thanks for the kind words Gilbert!

More coming soon... B)

I'm lovin' this Ira! Can't wait to see more. Nice work on the engine btw...very creative!

Thanks Jon!

Glad you like the Ferrari-Rocket Engine... B)

I have been pretty busy working on Models, starting a New Website and putting my crashed computer back together again. I hope to get Photoshop up and running again soon so I can post New Photos... :blink:

Edited by Ira