Model Cars Magazine Forum

More tire parts paks?

re: weak pre-orders on motorcycle parts packs: do you guys believe all the marketing spin you read? because i find it very hard, very hard indeed to believe they had few preorders of the motorcycles and at the same time (well, different company) they put out dreck like that Gremlin junk and tom daniels cartoons and whatever else we are "graced" with. what i think is the engine parts packs didnt sell so they sunk the whole project.

i am on a whole other page with those polyglas tires but then again i think disco era american cars they would be most appropriate on should never have been made in the 1:1 and certainly not commemorated in model kits. as far as i am concerned those hunks of junk should be relegated to the wreckers hook and rust in peace in some land fill.

i am on a whole other page with those polyglas tires but then again i think disco era american cars they would be most appropriate on should never have been made in the 1:1 and certainly not commemorated in model kits. as far as i am concerned those hunks of junk should be relegated to the wreckers hook and rust in peace in some land fill.

No one asked you. :P

Those were Gates Commando's Not A/T's!!

I do not remember AMT having A/T's.

I have both an original 79 "Wild Hoss" Bronco and an M-K re-issue. Gates!

Same with the Blazers.

I have a "Crew Chief & 2 M-K's And an Original 72 Bushwacker GMC Jimmy.

All have Gates Commando's for the 4x4 suspension!

Those Gates are hollow too.

Round2 has released two sizes of Goodyear Polyglas GT tires recently, and we're waiting to hear what Parts Pack #6 will contain, but yes, more updated tires would be a good thing to have.

This is the first I've heard of these. Where are these for sale? I've seen the AMT Parts Paks for the two sizes of Racemaster slicks, the Pie Crusts and the whitewall Firestones, but I haven't seen Polyglass GTs in a Parts Pak yet.

Both Model King and Stevens have been schelpping the G-70's for several years... albeit in plain packaging, ~$4 a set retail. I'll bet no one even knows...

The power of a neat little red box with a big AMT logo in the corner cannot be underestimated...

I bought 20 or so sets (of 4) of the mpc Goodyear tires (like those in the Mpc '76 Caprice) from Model round up, are these the G70s you mention?

This is the first I've heard of these. Where are these for sale? I've seen the AMT Parts Paks for the two sizes of Racemaster slicks, the Pie Crusts and the whitewall Firestones, but I haven't seen Polyglass GTs in a Parts Pak yet.

They aren't available in a Parts Pack yet, and I'm not sure if they will be. If they are, it may be PP#006, but only Round2 can say if'n that'll happen.

For now, we have to buy the reissued AMT '66 Mustang coupe or the '69 Hurst/Olds Cutlass kits to get the newly tooled Polyglas GT tires.

Thanks Casey. I seem to have misunderstood your earlier post. I see what you meant now.

For now, we have to buy the reissued AMT '66 Mustang coupe or the '69 Hurst/Olds Cutlass kits to get the newly tooled Polyglas GT tires

Also the new Opel. :)

Edited by dmk

Those were Gates Commando's Not A/T's!!

I do not remember AMT having A/T's.

I have both an original 79 "Wild Hoss" Bronco and an M-K re-issue. Gates!

Same with the Blazers.

I have a "Crew Chief & 2 M-K's And an Original 72 Bushwacker GMC Jimmy.

All have Gates Commando's for the 4x4 suspension!

Those Gates are hollow too.

Oops! My bad! I posted that at work without looking at the tires... :(

I bought 20 or so sets (of 4) of the mpc Goodyear tires (like those in the Mpc '76 Caprice) from Model round up, are these the G70s you mention?

Yep. Were they bagged and stapled to a little red and white card? If so, they came from Stevens. There's even a slim chance they were packaged by yours truly... :)

Thanks for that warning. I was going to ask if they accepted Postal MO. Now, I will just use them out of kits.

You can get them from Model Round Up for $3 a set.* If we still had any I'd sell them to you myself, but we sold the last of them a couple weeks ago.

*I have no direct personal or professional connection to Model Round Up, but they do buy from our company.

• 6 months later...

i hope they branch out into more than just tires...like a buick nailhead motor with speed equipment. personally i think they are sinking their own ship just offering tires (particularly ones i have no interest in...disco polyglas anyone?)

Just noticed this on the back of one of the Parts Pack packages:

$(KGrHqJ,!hgE6Z3Bp3UUBO)VUGjrFQ~~60_3.JP

Bodies? Motors?? Decal sets??? Maybe Round2 is digging out some of the other vintage Parts Packs in the near future...

Just noticed this on the back of one of the Parts Pack packages:

$(KGrHqJ,!hgE6Z3Bp3UUBO)VUGjrFQ~~60_3.JP

Bodies? Motors?? Decal sets??? Maybe Round2 is digging out some of the other vintage Parts Packs in the near future...

I saw AMT Velocity Stacks at Model Empire the last couple times I was there. But, that's about it so far. Oh yeah, they're not plastic either...aluminum. So, they didn't take the cheap route. Couldn't tell you the price though, but they're probably $2-$3 than most places there.

If / when they offer the tampo printed white lettered Goodyear L-60 / F-60 combination in a separate set I will blow my entire savings account at one fell swoop.

Both sets of tires are tampo printed on both sides. One side with all the lettering and tire size(2 sizes, 4 each...L60-15 and F60-15) and the other side with Goodyear and Polyglas GT with no tire size for generic applications. I know I'm buying A LOT of them myself too.

Edited by The70judgeman