Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clark Gas Station Project

Repstock

In my long tradition of doing everything at least twice, I re-did the Clark logo on the station because it wasn't as bright as the SUPER 100. When I made the original logo, there were no plans to light the model. Here are pics with the new, improved logo...

FixedTheLogo1.jpgFixedTheLogo.jpgFixedTheLogo2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't figure out how to animate the chasing lights on the outer edge of the sign, but I lit everything else. These images are a bit overexposed, it's not this bright in person. In person, the signs are easily read. The traffic lights in the backround run through their sequence, but that's another story.

Clarksign3.jpgClarksign4.jpgClarksign5.jpg

Edited by Repstock

Can I suggest a control box from a chasing Christmas light set, may be LEDs inside?

I decided early on that every light I install must be accessible in case I need to replace it. (obviously the traffic lights and streetlights are not accessible). With this in mind, one side of the round portion of the sign screws on to the other like a jar lid. The area directly behind the "chasing" lights is occupied by the male and female threads of the screw-on part, so there is no room behind them to do anything. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I made this shed for out back, but I think I overdid the weathering quite a bit. I'll probably save it for another use.

Super1005_zps2de83643.jpg?t=1371852726Super1006_zps4a65bf3e.jpg?t=1371852728

Finally, I made a phone booth. I found the actual specs and dimensions on line. It is LED lit. The door is hinged and works as well.

Super1007_zps291740c4.jpg?t=1371852683

Edited by Repstock

Tom, I've gone through this entire thread...you owe me a keyboard!

This is absolutely stunning work, the lighting is...I don't have the proper adjective, I grew up in the Chicago area, and remember all the Clark stations...you have nailed them perfectly! Congratulations on one beautiful build! I can't wait to see it completed!