Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another old fart joining the ranks...

Chris D

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris and I am a junkie...

In reality, I got started back in modeling about 6 months ago after being away for about 40 years. I started with some of the space program kits (Saturn V, Apollo kits, etc.). I then built a couple of planes (C130 and SR71). Now I have switched over to cars, something I know a bit more about.

My current big project is building four 68 Firebirds showing the life of the car from new (I didn't buy it new) to when I sold it. Four cars are being built along with dioramas. I am hoping that it will help me tell a story to my grandkids about me when I was younger. You can see the first of the cars in the diorama section of the forum.

The hobby has changed a lot over those years and I must admit I am very intimidated by all the incredibly talented people here - you folks do such amazing work! While I am pushing myself to make better models, I am certain I will not achieve the level of skill of most of you. With that said, I hope to learn a lot from everyone here and to share our common interest.

Nice to meet you all!

Chris D

Hey Chris. Welcome to our plastic playground.

You should not allow yourself to be intimidated by anyone's work here on this Forum. We all started out as "newbies" to car modelling just like you. The abilities, skills and techniques are developed over time and with a LOT of patience. We all learn from our mistakes and find "tips and tricks" from our fellow plastiholics here. Each model we build should get a little better than the last one, yet no one has yet built the "perfect" model. .

I think the nice part about this forum is that no matter how good you get, you can always find someone who does it better. By the came token, no matter how little skill you have, you can always find someone who can benefit from yours. Join in and don't pay any mind to the naysayers. They inhabit all the corners of the internet, even this one. ;)