Model Cars Magazine Forum

Are there any Volkswagen Type 3 resin kits out there?

I build mostly 1/24th and 1/25th scale cars when I build cars. I prefer mostly VW's and Rat Rod's. I have a large collection of VW kits either in the works or waiting to be built. It could be a while as I also build WW@ Italian aircraft, dinosaurs, and girl kits.

My interest in this message is to see if anything is available for VW in the type 3 line. Especially the Ghia. I have some die cast notches, squares, and fastbacks. I really want some plastic or resin though so I can build them custom. Also would be interested in any Hebs or splt window bodies.

Any part makers who specialize in V-Dubs would be kewl to know as well if there are any. I look all the time but have not found much. Found the BRM's and Manx window frame in this thread earlier from Japan. I also have Maryland's detail kit for the Manx engine. Been trying to pick up a Type 2 dual cab body but everyone seems to be out of them. :( Would also like to find some smaller tires like 135's or 145's for the VW front ends.

That's it for now. Look forward to any input if anyone knows of anything.

Kevin

You can email Tapani Rauramo, here's his email address, his resin kits aren't cheap, but his latest casting is pretty good

raurata@yahoo.com

He also has an eBay account, his user name is tapani4966

Here's the Karmann Ghia

post-2058-0-56695400-1358850790_thumb.jp

Edited by GeeBee

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/30/t/41879.aspx

There is one set... Looks like it's rare, but I don't know if Air Trax has those (Finnish Resin Company by Juha Airio and Tapani Rauramo) on their shelves.

AirTrax bodies are really nice quality, but bit pricey. Still they are worth buying.

Thank you for your input. I will check into Air Trax and see what I can find out. :)

And thanks for the link to the old article as well. It is hugely appreciated!

Kevin

Airtrax also does a Type 3 Ghia which is pretty nice. Sorry, I don't have contact info for Tapani at the moment. I'm sure someone later on will post it.

Thnak you I have gotten some pretty great feedback already. I appreciate your taking the time to reply. :)

Kevin

You can email Tapani Rauramo, here's his email address, his resin kits aren't cheap, but his latest casting is pretty good

raurata@yahoo.com

He also has an eBay account, his user name is tapani4966

Here's the Karmann Ghia

attachicon.gifAirtrax Karmann Ghia.JPG

Fantastic information! I will check into this latewr tonight when I get home. I want to see if I can get one of these asap!!! Your help is greatly appreciated! I have wanted one of these for a long time. I will see if I can get me one. :)

Thanks again for the awesome reply and link!

Kevin