Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Dad's '37 Ford Pickup UPDATE 1/9/2014

Well, getting a little more done today. Been pretty busy with college and my newest project. Right now I'm working on the engine and getting it all wired.

My "distraction":

100_1472.jpg

Yeah, it's a rust bucket for now but they're impossible to find and I got a good deal. Already got a new bed, grill, tires, and other parts for it. I will be rebuilding the engine, tranny, and t-case, lifting it a little, getting rid of all the rust, and shortening the frame to fit a shortbed I have.

100_1546.jpg

Edited by 91blaze

Unfortunately those grills are fairly expensive so I just got a nice "pignose" grill to go on it.

For some reason, everybody who sees it thinks it's a Ford. :rolleyes: That's how rare they are around here.

Edited by 91blaze

• 1 month later...

Well guys, finally had a little time to work on it. All that's left is the interior and paint so it's not too far from done. The interior won't be done until the real truck finally gets finalized since it doesn't have any interior yet. That may take a while because of a bunch of legal estate junk going on which is preventing me from getting the truck for a while. For now I will be working on getting some paint and attempting to smooth out the body more. I ended up only doing the ignition wiring and no fuel/brake lines for now unless I feel up to it. Nothing picture-worthy right now, just a small update.

John I like the Jeep truck that you scored. They are somewhat hard to find because they rust so bad around the midwest . Living outside Toledo I have seen many things done to these trucks. One guy even has a tow truck made out of one of the jeep trucks. Many have a snow plow mounted to the front while sitting in the yards waiting for winter. Lifted, shiny ,they were the thing back in the 80's around here . The older the better was the thing with the Jeep trucks. All in all they have a good drive train to work with. Parts are a plenty for the 4x4 stuff have some fun !

John I like the Jeep truck that you scored. They are somewhat hard to find because they rust so bad around the midwest . Living outside Toledo I have seen many things done to these trucks. One guy even has a tow truck made out of one of the jeep trucks. Many have a snow plow mounted to the front while sitting in the yards waiting for winter. Lifted, shiny ,they were the thing back in the 80's around here . The older the better was the thing with the Jeep trucks. All in all they have a good drive train to work with. Parts are a plenty for the 4x4 stuff have some fun !

Thanks Andy, that's why I was so excited to find it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Figure it's been a while but I've made some progress. Been spending my time working on the actual truck so I have not been able to work on the model, but I hope to have more time for both now that school is out. I am currently working on getting the engine finished since it needs everything from intake manifold up. Also got some new seats and a few exterior parts. Had a lot of setbacks though.

IMG_0306_zps043b0d9c.jpg

IMG_0303_zpsf2c12fdd.jpg

IMG_0304_zps537b58b9.jpg

IMG_0308_zps1d221e89.jpg

IMG_0311_zps3e647ff5.jpg

• 8 months later...

I guess I need to update this. I've been working on and off with this. The real truck is nearly complete aside from the interior. With luck it should be done this summer. The model will follow suite once I fix a few problems. Sorry for the wait.