Model Cars Magazine Forum

after the last run

Picture189340.jpg

Picture189342.jpg

Picture189345.jpg

Picture189344.jpg

And last but not least my demolition derby lawnmower. Oh did i mention it wil go 30 mph

before paint

IMG_0415.jpg

After paint

IMG_0435.jpg

After first derby. Shot a valve through the head and bent a pushrod

IMG_0455.jpg

i don't have any before or after the second but i just fixed the motor and added a couple more bars and put some different tires on front

Heres a video of the second derby though. looks the same as the before picture int he video. i am wearing a helmet with a pink mohawk

http://youtu.be/C96JlUW6RCs

Here it is after adding sheetmetal to the sides and adding some bars to the front end to make it lower to take out spindles and tires

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

O yes lol

IMG_0533.jpg

i am now in the process of making spindles out of grade 8 3/4 bolts and i am usings 4in. wheels for the front

IMG_0602.jpg

Cool pictures, my wifes family been doing demos since the 50s, whats funny is you can tell different places have different rules, the car you built with the cage inside of it withe the bars on the frames, here you would cut all that off, your only alowed a bar on drivers door on outside, and thats pretty much it. And one thing here they do is after the show, they lift the winners car up in front of all the drivers and see if you welded anything on it, if you did you will be called a cheater, and second place wins as long as he didnt weld, but if they disqualify you, now you need to figure out how to get out the pits without being jumped for cheating. I know when i lived in indianapolis they had totaly different rules than our speedway have to, there you can move your radiator, the place my family runs you cant, the cars pretty much have to be the way they came. Great pictures, keep them coming. If you look in the reference pics for the trucks i posted a picture of a truck they ran, there rules for trucks are different for the cars they run, you still cant do welding except for a bar behind the seat that runs from one side to the other.