Model Cars Magazine Forum

I paid my dues. Typical midwestern St Louis winter was a month of cold and wet, then cold and dry, then ice with snow over that.

We said there were four seasons to the city, nearly winter, winter, still winter, road construction.

G

Sure you are not from Ohio?

I got up this morning and found a six inch wide strip of snow about one inch deep along the north edge of the house. Nothing else. Anywhere. Nothing on or under my truck. Nothing in or around the trees, under the bushes...nothing. Just that six inch wide strip. Bizarre.

Don't know. But eventually I'll get to the point where I say enough's enough and leave this state forever.

Harry that's why I am where I am. We also said you know you are from St Louis if you have ever used the AC and heat in the same 24 hour period.

Or wore shorts, and a parka!

I have family in Columbus and Cleveland. The weather is the same for sure!

:o

G

Edited by Agent G

Harry that's why I am where I am. We also said you know you are from St Louis if you have ever used the AC and heat in the same 24 hour period.

Or wore shorts, and a parka!

I have family in Columbus and Cleveland. The weather is the same for sure!

:o

G

You are so right!

Yesterday it was 80 and humid, very warm and muggy. I had to turn on the AC in my car (because it was raining and I couldn't open the window). Today I have the furnace going.

Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Good news is today it's all gone. Made my run, and not a flake in sight. However 100 miles north of here they got 14 inches. Trees, and power lines down. Personally I'd rather have the cold, than snow. Cold you can dress for. I used to deliver oil up on the U.P. of Mich. try pulling a 2 wheel cart loaded with cases of oil through a snow drift. Not fun. :wacko:

40s??? That's like winter. I'm sure glad I moved to FLA. How many more cold, snowy winters can you handle, Harry?

Yea, I left work on my lunch break and thought I saw a snowflake as I stepped into the parking lot! This sucks, we haven't even done the brakes on my Jeep yet!

Snow Day? Don't get any of those around here.

That's just another thing I really miss as a result of leaving Colorado. The occasional day there was "too much snow to go to work or school," but we always managed to find our way to the local adult beverage dispensary and hang out with the gang, all of whom were similarly temporarily 'snowed out.'

On the other hand, I can tell you some doozies about some snow storms!

But, one thing about living in the Sonoran Desert. No snow days.

And the really bad part of it is this ... they never tell you to stay home because there's too much sun!

B)

Living in New England my whole life, I'm pretty used to snow. I actually like winter more than summer because come winter time, if it gets cold you can always go and put on more clothes to stay warm. If it's really hot outside, there comes a point where you can't take off any more clothing without making things really awkward for guests, or draw the attention of the police. :P:D Of course, the cold weather does suck as it means I have to fill up my oil tank and that is NOT cheap in any sense of the word. (Generally speaking, it's about $600 to refill the tank each time, and over the winter I usually have to fill it two or three times. Hence why I have set the thermostat very low and just tell my roommate to wear long sleeves or a sweater if it's cold. Or pay me a bunch of money to cover the oil tank refills. :P )

We're supposed to be getting our first cold spell coming up in the next week. Last year, we got our first significant snowfall in late October which was kind of stunning as we generally don't start having significant snow (4" or more) until a few weeks before Christmas. Funny thing is, after the "Halloween Snow" last year, we really didn't get any more the rest of the year. The year prior, we got a LOT of snow in the middle of the winter but nothing on the tail ends.

Don't really care if we get a bunch of snow this year as I'll just force my roommate to take care of it. :D