Model Cars Magazine Forum

my vision of the new 57 ford wip

freakshow12

Fred,

That distressed leather looks amazing! Any chance of sharing your secret?

Don

sure Don. Its pretty easy but takes a few tries to get it right. I use red oxide primer as a base then put a dabs of brown,red and black paint on a piece of masking tape. I then dip a brush in each of the colors. I brush it on the tape then onto the area I want to do,so its more of a dry drush technique.sometimes I have some thinner handy and just dip the brush from time to time to thin out the paint some. the colors dont completely mix so it gives the darker and lighter areas plus some are more red. I do this until I am happy with the result then I spray it with semi gloss clear to knock it down a bit. I usually try and have every part I want to do ready so they all turn out similar. Give it a try.

Bugs me, too. I'm still debating over whether to clip the frame or not, but if I stick with the stock rails they'll definitely be smoothed up.

Which cammer is that, btw?

Its a resin cammer I have had for a while. basically the thunderbolt block and I think jo han cammer top end. those are about the closest valve covers out there for one. front cover is from the drag version of the 68 GT500 from amt. its a mix of cammer parts from everyone put in one resin pkg lol

• 3 weeks later...

well I am at this one again. contest coming up at a car show up here in a couple weeks. paint is blazing black

photo62_zpsa0790503.jpg

I was going to ask if you would be at the Draggins show. Ill be there, as well as "Gautreu" from kitscoty, Im not sure ill have much done, but im trying. lol