Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell C6-r

vettecote

I know this isn't that new of a release. I haven't built this yet but, I love the way it looks from other peoples builds. Now after I buy it I am really disappointed with it. Has any one seen the engine compartment? Or should I say the engine? Sad indeed. I thought it would be a nice display in it self, but its mostly molded in to the chassis. And sure it's really tucked away in the body work, but I still feel cheated. :unsure: Anyone else feel that way? I guess it could be a really good curb-side....interceptor001

Don't let that disappoint you. Despite it's simplified layout, it looks great when finished. If you look at the real car, you can't see much unless the body is taken apart. Yes, I'm biased (very heavily) but I think this kit is very good because it covers a big range of modelers. Novice builders will not be intimidated, more experienced builders can do it quickly with good results and expert builders can go crazy with it.

Have fun with it!

Thanks,

Ismael "The C6R Corvette guy" Gonzalez

Thanks ismaelg for the response. It is a beautiful car, and look forward to building it, I guess Iam used to having a full engine to build. Like you said its pretty much covered when in the car anyway. Saw the car built up on the site you have listed on your profile. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL ...interceptor001

I'm with Ismael on this one. This kit has a lot to offer all ranges of model builders.

I'm your basic box stock builder and it builds great out of the box and looks fantastic on the shelf. I think that if someone comes out with the latest decals that were running on the car a few weeks ago I'll definitely be buying another.

Just keep Ismael's site as reference if you are doing a super build.

Chris