Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro outlaw prostreet updates 11/19/11

tyrone

No problem Mike,.. ;)

Thanks Bart, and Danny I really appreciate it..

Brad, thanks for the pics now I can see what I'll be working with I think I'm leaning towards the black beadlocks with some bolt head details from protech, I was at the track this past weekend and there was a black car there with black beadlocks and it looked pretty good. This car wont have any decals or anything, maybe a few on the rear glass but that's about it, thanks alot guys for your feedback.

Edited by tyrone

I can see nine rivets! :lol: Looks like you have one rivet missing, or then it can't be seen in thay picture... Great job with the paintjob on this one, very glassy. How you can get those roll cages fit perfectly to the body shapes, do you just mock up, bit modifications, mock up etc. Or do you have different technigue? I need to build roll cage to the Falcon, so I'm asking bit of help... Hope you understood what I'm trying to say.

I can see nine rivets! :lol: Looks like you have one rivet missing, or then it can't be seen in thay picture... Great job with the paintjob on this one, very glassy. How you can get those roll cages fit perfectly to the body shapes, do you just mock up, bit modifications, mock up etc. Or do you have different technigue? I need to build roll cage to the Falcon, so I'm asking bit of help... Hope you understood what I'm trying to say.

Thanks NIko you're right there is a rivet missing, came off I guess when I was wiping the car off I'll fix that tonight, as far as the fit of the cage, It's just trial and error, no particular method, no jigs, or anything, just tack in place, mock up, and if it fits glue it down if not make the changes and try again...

thanks for the comments fellas, I got some more done to this one tonight, I added chrome foil around the rear tailights and put the rear tailights in, I got the front park lights in, I also got the rear chutes mounted, added dzus fasteners to the front end, and got the front and rear glasses in, then I put a little polish on her.. thanks for looking and comments welcome....

008-13.jpg

009-10.jpg

001-10.jpg

013-9.jpg

015-8.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks for the kind words, well fellas yesterday was my first tmie ever attending a model/show contest. I really had a great time, although I got there later than I had expected,,Wayne and Daryll are some real cool kats I enjoyed meeting and talking about models with you guys..One of the things we talked about was polishing kits, Of course I did'nt have one and they told me how much of a difference it would make,, so I picked one up, I cant believe the differecne it makes, night and day difference,, thanks Wayne and Darryl, I also got some work done on this today, I got the rear chutes done, I got the glasses detailed and installed, If you look closely at the cowl area I added lines to purge the nos......lol.. thanks for looking and comments welcome...

002-12.jpg

003-13.jpg

012-6.jpg

013-10.jpg

029-2.jpg