Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Holy Grail" Models?

Rom for me the f40 is one of the only super cars I'd ever want to own. That and the acura nsx wich i see as the poor mans ferrari .wich some day I would like to own now that there hovering in my price range for my holy grail models woud be rosso 1/12 Honda Nsx kit $252. + $60 shiping eBay ,hasegwa 1/12 Nissan 300zx twin turbo $600.+ $90. Shipping on eBay .and lastly hasegwa 1/12 rx7. 1 on eBay currently being bid on.

Is the the pocher kits highly detailed on ther own?

Their not highly detailed when you get them but.... You can get trans kits from a few differant makers the Autograph trans kit is by far the most detailed (and the most exspensive) it has just about every nut and bolt that's on the 1:1 car. the trans kit add almost 14lbs to the model. check out some of these pics of the trans kit from my Photobucket.....

speedlinehub.jpg

DSC02701.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

DSC02714.jpg

DSC02723.jpg

Edited by Romell R

My holy grail is the MPC STP Turbine Indycar from 1967. Saw the real one at the track and built one when I was a kid, long gone now. They're out there but too rich for my blood.

Good luck Rom. That looks like quite a project, those detail photos look awesome!

Congrats on the score, Romell. That build with the Autograph kit is amazing! As far as my "grail" kits, I scored two recently (Fujimi EM Stratos, Fujimi EM Porsche 356 Speedster) and am keeping an eye out for a few more- especially the Italeri Ferrari 250SWB. I was really disappointed that Revell AG's reissue of that one fell through.

I would like to get a 1/8 Scale Monogram 1985 Corvette Coupe and convert it to a 1996 Grand Sport Coupe. The thing keeping me from doing that is the insane amount of space that completed kit would require, and my lack of available space and soon to be finances due to me losing my job at the end of next month. (Though thankfully I am still on payroll until the end of September when I will then get my severance package and I have already gotten informal offers from a few places. So while this is tough, I am pretty much safe until the end of this year).

But I would love to build a huge Corvette, or a 1965 version.

After the one I seen on eBay earlier. I don't even want to know how much you paid for that one.

Congrats on your win.

Trust me I didnt pay alot for my F40, I think 800-1200 is way too much for a model LOL! whats funny is im gonna pay 1800 for the trans kit if I cant find it cheap.

My wife would suffocate me with my pillow at night if she knew I had even thought about spending that kind of money on a kit. We only recently have been able to spend more than that on a real car.

Edited by Fat Brian

That's insane and I get to maybe pay 60 on a kit. Here lately I've been doing a little more lol these little bugers do cost some dough. One is going to cost $30 in paint, around $20 in resin. Not including the flocking and lights and trading parts for what I need. Ouch I better stop before I'm paying $1800 lol.

I still remember putting up my Pocher 1932 Alfa-Romeo Targa kit on eBay back in December 2005. I figured, with advice from several modelers that it might bring $400 or so. Imagine my surprise when over 40 bidders jumped on that one, and a real dogfight in the last couple of hours netted me $1475 for a kit I bought at Kmart in 1978 for $26!

Hmmm, could that happen again with anything in my stash? (seeing as I hate eBay and PayPal, likely I will never know!)

Art

Romell's thread reminded me that I scored one of my Holy Grails recently.

Got a special deal (remarkable deal ~ incredible deal) from a really special guy! An unusual kit, I wasn't even aware of it until a few years ago. I have no idea what it's worth, but I've wanted one for a long time. I'm a happy camper!

It's complete and unbuilt ... even has both halves of the engine are still separate!

(No, it's not for sale.)

But I'm curious ~~~~ is this a common kit and I was in a cave somewhere for too long ... or is it scarce?

Let me know what you think. B)

2060952_s1_i4_8201.jpg

[image borrowed from one of those other auction sites (Blujay - never heard of it!). Thank you, Blujay!]

Edited by Danno

Romell's thread reminded me that I scored one of my Holy Grails recently.

Got a special deal (remarkable deal ~ incredible deal) from a really special guy! An unusual kit, I wasn't even aware of it until a few years ago. I have no idea what it's worth, but I've wanted one for a long time. I'm a happy camper!

It's complete and unbuilt ... even has both halves of the engine are still separate!

(No, it's not for sale.)

But I'm curious ~~~~ is this a common kit and I was in a cave somewhere for too long ... or is it scarce?

Let me know what you think. B)

2060952_s1_i4_8201.jpg

[image borrowed from one of those other auction sites (Blujay - never heard of it!). Thank you, Blujay!]

That must be a super rare Kit Dan I dont think Ive ever seen that one before at first I thought it was a trans as untill I saw Chuck's comment. I dont know what to tell ya besides hold on to that one. B)

Not really scarce nor hard to find. Four sold on eBay within the last 40 days or so. Sam Cates was looking for one not too long ago to build a replica of his own Camaro.

ya know art, when something you hate enables you to get fifteen hundred for something you figured would bring 4 hundred and you bought for twenty nine...well, i think you ought to start loving what you hate!

:P

but i know what you mean sometimes, ebay is kinda infuriating from time to time.