Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius ProStar - Test Shots

As i promised I'll try to keep everyone up-to date regarding our new ProStar kit. I received second test shots last week. There are still issues that require tooling revisions.

No sense in posting a bunch of new photos as the second test shot build-up looks just like the first one - without paint - Hopefully the revisions we needed will get made correctly and quickly.
I'll post new photos as soon as I have a final version just as soon as I have one built and painted..

Dave

Edited by Casey

I find it funny, I ask if there was a new release date and then all the replays after that are, quality first, just because I asked about a release date, hmmm, I guess you guys thought my reply was implying to get it released quickly

I want quality too, but I like to plan ahead for the bigger purchases like semi truck kits, so its helpful to know about when kits are coming out

Edited by martinfan5

I find it funny, I ask if there was a new release date and then all the replays after that are, quality first, just because I asked about a release date, hmmm, I guess you guys thought my reply was implying to get it released quickly

I want quality too, but I like to plan ahead for the bigger purchases like semi truck kits, so its helpful to know about when kits are coming out

Amen and Indeed.

Why would a firm release date be issued when, if it is not released on that date, the next nauseating posts that will follow will be why was the released date not met.

Before the reefer trailer was released, every few weeks there were posts about when the trailer would be released, after it was released, I have seen only one thread about it and that turned in to a flame.

Moebius has been honest about their kit progression to us. It will be offered soon than later. And I bet few will rush out and get it the week it is on the shelves.

Why would a firm release date be issued when, if it is not released on that date, the next nauseating posts that will follow will be why was the released date not met.

Before the reefer trailer was released, every few weeks there were posts about when the trailer would be released, after it was released, I have seen only one thread about it and that turned in to a flame.

Moebius has been honest about their kit progression to us. It will be offered soon than later. And I bet few will rush out and get it the week it is on the shelves.

Did I ask for a firm release date?, no, I was just asking for a an idea of the new release date, that is all, you are the only one so far getting all worked up over it, and there is no point, so relax, please. It was just a question, that is all.

Dave Metzner, I am sorry for all this, I was just curious about if there was new tentative release date for the ProStar.

Edited by martinfan5

Latest news is that third test shot parts will be on the way by end of this week - I should have them by middle of next week ( just in time for Thanksgiving!)

If everything that needed to be corrected has been handled - we will need to get box art, and instruction sheets done - beiong as realistic as I can - I'm going to say early 2013.

I'm hoping for shipment from the factory before the end of January and kits in stores not later than mid February. this is IF everything goes smoothly.

Dave

Latest news is that third test shot parts will be on the way by end of this week - I should have them by middle of next week ( just in time for Thanksgiving!)

If everything that needed to be corrected has been handled - we will need to get box art, and instruction sheets done - beiong as realistic as I can - I'm going to say early 2013.

I'm hoping for shipment from the factory before the end of January and kits in stores not later than mid February. this is IF everything goes smoothly.

Dave

Thanks Dave for taking the time to keep us updated

Thanks Dave! My beloved LHS always orders 2 of what ever truck model is re-issued, and now your 1/25 jewels!! They get one for me, and 1 for the shelf! I am deployed, so there's no rush. They will have a cornicopia of trucks waiting when I get back! Last time when I came hiome, I was happy to see the Lonestar! So, thanks again. What ever you guys have up your sleeve next, I'll be patiently standing by!!

• 1 month later...

Here are a series of photos of the third test shot of the new ProStar. I just finished it yesterday - the paint is House of Kolor Cinnamon Pearl - I should have a "final" preproduction shot in my hands within the next two or three days. There are two or three small items to be revised yet - nothing that will cause any problems.

Now we need to get instruction and decals done.. Hope to be able to start production by Mid January.

055-M.jpg

057-M.jpg

061-M.jpg

074-M.jpg

073-M.jpg

075-M.jpg

048-M.jpg

047-M.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave