Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV Tommy IVO Showboat Dragster

Terminator-Fox

I finished this build awhile back and had a WIP thread in the drag race section. I just got around to taking some decent pics of it. I will say the kit was a big pain in the you know what to finish and fit right. It's not 100% to the real deal car but it was the best I could do with it. I am happy with the way it turned out and what's not to love about a four engine smoke machine dragster? :lol:

DSC02282.jpg

DSC02283.jpg

DSC02284.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02286.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Very nice job Steve. You say that's the best you can do? Looks like you do a pretty job of it. Looks perfect to me.

By the way, can anybody out there tell me the history of kit? When was it last available? I wonder if there any chance in the near future that Revell may reissue the kit?

Scott Aho

Nice work! I NEED to build one.......Dad was Valvoline Racing director 1960-70 in So Cal. Tommy was their big name at the time.....plus Mom liked him as he was a TV star too!!! (who else knew that!) Tommy gave me a factory built Showboat.....but it did not survive my childhood!

Very nice job Steve on a very difficult kit to build!!!! I have an unbuilt original release with TV Tommy's autograph on the top of the box - that's a keeper but I must pick one up to build. I have the 1/18th scale GMP diecast to help me with the build/plumbing/etc. I still see this kit on the shelves in hobby stores and at shows so it was out not too long ago and may still be in the Revell catelog.

Since the chassis was from Chassis Research I was thinking of using the chassis from the new Monogram Slingster kit to build the twin-engined version that came before he added the second pair of engines and front wheel drive. I also have that 1/18th scale GMP diecast and it sits right above my build table along with the showboat.