Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hershel McGriff's 1950 Oldsmobile

2002p51

Hot off the workbench before the glue is dry.

50olds-vi.jpg

50olds01-vi.jpg

As I said in the "work in progress" thread, the paint is Model Master Radome Tan.

Those of you who saw the photos I posted of the 1:1 car will notice right away that the model lacks white wall tires. Well, there's no way I'm using decals for white walls and I'm pretty sure any paint would have been ruined by the bending and twisting that it takes to get these tires on the wheels. Besides, to me it looks more like a race car with black walls! :lol:

Wow, where are you buying coffee for a buck anymore? :unsure:

McD! Large coffe always a buck. Also at the local gas station, always fresh, several different flavors, even. It's out there if you know where to look... ;)

Of course, if you buy your coffee at Starbucks, you have a slightly different experience when it comes to price! :lol:

Ya, my venti Pumpkin Spice Latte today was about $4.65..

You people who buy coffee at Starbucks are plain nuts.

Sorry. No other earthly explanation. :blink:

The gas station where I usually get my coffee has several different brews, all kinds of different flavored creams, four kinds of sugar (sugar, Splenda, Sweet 'n' Low and one more I can't remember... some sort of latté gizmo, whipped cream... they even have freakin' sprinkles! (If that's what you like in your coffee... :blink: ).

All your choice. All 99¢.

You people who buy coffee at Starbucks are plain nuts.

Two of the three Starbucks near home has a drive thru, though...very convenient. I get coffee from McDonalds also occasionally, or brew it at home (have a regular coffee maker, a Keurig single cup machine, and an espresso machine). I've been a Starbucks fan since the mid 90s.

Two of the three Starbucks near home has a drive thru, though...very convenient.

Psssst......... every McDonald's has a drive-thru! And they have the fancy-schmancy coffees you like, for about half what you're paying. And my guess is there are a lot more McD drive-thrus around (speaking of convenience) than there are Starbucks drive-thrus.

But hey... it's your money. You earned it... feel free to continue spending it as you see fit... :P

Psssst......... every McDonald's has a drive-thru! And they have the fancy-schmancy coffees you like, for about half what you're paying. And my guess is there are a lot more McD drive-thrus around (speaking of convenience) than there are Starbucks drive-thrus.

But hey... it's your money. You earned it... feel free to continue spending it as you see fit... :P

McD's stuff is pretty good, but I like Starbucks more... I like Einstein's Bagels coffee also, I go there for a coffee and a bagel once or twice a week --I was in San Francisco last week for a conference and found that a large coffee and a bagel at the same chain was actually $1 cheaper than in Phoenix...wierd...

Anyhoo, back on topic--nice Olds race car build!

Drew...I'm borrowing that color...thanks for the info.

I agree with the black wall tires on a race car.

Probably had to ride on some of the roughest dirt roads

for the race..over two thousand miles..that's tough on

white walls.

That's what I figured too. I do have a photo of the car in the race with white walls on but, like you said, the race was over 2100 miles through the Mexican back country. I'm sure they went through several sets of tires and they weren't ALL white walls.

That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

BOY that sits nice. The wheels and ride height look perfect. Of course the wash helps, but the whole thing looks great. Nice subject too. (Apologies to my comp teacher who said find more descriptive words than "nice.")

That's okay, nice works for me, thanks.