Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2013 Mustang Boss 302

mademan

Just got a few of these in the mail today, couldn't wait had to start on one. I removed the few mold lines that there were, the body was really nice, not much work needed. I was going to go with "gotta have it green" but decided to just use Tamiya Lime Candy instead. I will be building it like the boxart using the decals. I will be lowering it a bit, and replacing the tires for sure.

IMG_5717_zpscab15071.jpg

IMG_5721_zpsa49cbb6a.jpg

IMG_5719_zps9585485f.jpg

Just got a few of these in the mail today, couldn't wait had to start on one. I removed the few mold lines that there were, the body was really nice, not much work needed. I was going to go with "gotta have it green" but decided to just use Tamiya Lime Candy instead. I will be building it like the boxart using the decals. I will be lowering it a bit, and replacing the tires for sure.

IMG_5719_zps9585485f.jpg

I've seen a lot of people using these little alligator clips. I had seen that you had put it on the actual plastic here. Does it make indentations where the teeth are? Or are they not strong enough to do that?

Anyways, It looks amazing. :) I personally like the Grabber Blue, but that green is a VERY close second place.

Looking forward to seeing more of this build! :)

Lookin' good in that green, but I'm goin' with the Grabber Blue, but for the life of me I can't figure out why Testors went with enamel for it when they have the line of automotive matching paints in lacquer?

I know that this shares its floorpan & chassis with other Mustang kits, but this is the first one I've got that the front of the chassis actually meets up with the front inner fenders properly.

I don't know if you made the same mistake I almost did, or if it's just a choice you made, but the rear spoiler on the Boss is matte black, not body color, yeah I thought it was kinda dumb too.

Edited by horsepower

I've seen a lot of people using these little alligator clips. I had seen that you had put it on the actual plastic here. Does it make indentations where the teeth are? Or are they not strong enough to do that?

Anyways, It looks amazing. :) I personally like the Grabber Blue, but that green is a VERY close second place.

Looking forward to seeing more of this build! :)

These ones that I use do not grip hard enough to leave indentations. I get them at a clearance store, they have a magnifying glass on a third arm in the middle, but I remove that and make it a paint stand :)

Lookin' good in that green, but I'm goin' with the Grabber Blue, but for the life of me I can't figure out why Testors went with enamel for it when they have the line of automotive matching paints in lacquer?

I know that this shares its floorpan & chassis with other Mustang kits, but this is the first one I've got that the front of the chassis actually meets up with the front inner fenders properly.

I don't know if you made the same mistake I almost did, or if it's just a choice you made, but the rear spoiler on the Boss is matte black, not body color, yeah I thought it was kinda dumb too.

I had actually thought of painting it Body color, but decided to go with matte black instead.

Thanks for the comments everyone, So far I am really liking this kit!

You are building a mustang?? Holy ###### Mike!

Haha, I actually really like the new Mustangs. Ive got probly 25-30 kits from the first 05- 07/10 Shelby, 08 Bullit, '10 convertible, etc.

Great start. What clear did you use?

Joe.

Im Just using Testors one coat "Wet Look Clear" wetsanded and polished.

Sorry about the horrible lighting, the florescent light above my bench burnt out. I got the rest of the Hood and side stripes done. The small fender top stripe was the hardest, but eventually layed down nice with some decal softner/set.

IMG_5724_zps0bde6733.jpg

The Decals look a bit off, however they line up perfectly with the front bumper attached to push it up a bit.

IMG_5726_zps53681922.jpg

Bumpers have been painted and a first shot of clear. I still need to add the stripe to the upper grille surround. Also the front lip and rear diffuser are all masked and ready for a shot of black.

IMG_5725_zpse98591f1.jpg

Edited by mademan