Model Cars Magazine Forum

Water spot '59 Chevy

crazyjim

Now THAT IS COOL ! That's a very nice technique that would be easy to overdo, but you displayed perfectly suitable restraint. I love the creative touch with the antennas also.

Hey thanks, Johann.

I keep coming back for a second and third look, the color and the effect is just right. This is one of my favorite of your models, Jim.

Why thank you very much, Dr. Cranky.

Great paint Jim!

Love the water spots! B)

Thanks, Jeff. I just keep tryin'.

Love this paint job and antennas!

Thank you, Albie.

Wow! Your builds are getting trickier each time out! Wild interior & l love the Magenta, it really sends this one over the top! l'd like to try water bourne(?) flames sometime. ls it the same basic process? The antennas rock! Very creative touch. I really like the diversity of your builds. Never "stuck" in one genre. Except the SHINY of course, but that's cool! Bart

Thank you, Bart. That's the '59 from a trade with you. I don't know what you mean about water flames. Water based paint? SHINY :) :) :) RULES!

ANOTHER" SHINY RULES " KNOCKOUT.ONE THING I DON'T WANT TO FORGET-YOU ARE AS CLASSY AS YOUR BUILDS.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT'S NEXT!

MARTY

P.S. I LIKE THE CARB LINKAGE.I WISH YOU HAD A RESIN KIT OF THOSE-HINT HINT -LOL!!!.

Thanks, Marty. There's no resin kit for the carb linkage. It's just Evergreen strips (.020) with the ends rounded off and 3 holes drilled. Return spring is 30 gauge wire from Radio Shack, while the linkage is some 26 gauge wire I found at Hobby Lobby. Here's a hint - use the #1 Beadalon necklace crimps as a spacer between the carb and linkage. I've discovered you can also use wire insulation for the same purpose.

It's magenta, Jason. I thought the color would stand out more for a custom. Glad you like the water spots.

lol....my bad Jim. Magenta, pink, whatever it may be its a beautiful color non the less. Combined with the water spots it just all really goes together so well.

wow jim...got to say thats one of ur best builds to date...interior is reallly nice...digging ur carb linkage and like almost every1 said the antennas are genius...but water...hmmm...i see rust in ur future....lol... B)

Thanks, Neal. Carb linkage kudos go to you and the tips you gave me. There's no rust in my future - NEVER rust.

This '59 is very, VERY, cool Jim. The buckets in the rear are great! The paint is awesome! All around it's one of the best looking customs that I've seen on this site. Nice work. I wish that I had the tenacity that you have to keep up with what I am working on.

Superb job Jim. Love the paint job. I have seen a Youtube video showing the technique for doing the water spot painting but I can't seem to find it. Thought I had it saved. Guess not. Anyway, awesome job.

Thank you, Wayne. I haven't seen that video but will look for it. Keep going on your Cobra.

Jim .......FANTASTIC looking build.......VERY :) VERY nice!!!!!!!

Whoa - from the master modeler. Thank you, John.