Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Street Chassis Back Half

I am going to offer just the back half Pro street Chassis for anyone to tub any model car. Here are the rear suspension pieces. I will have the rear tub section's mold all done in a few days.

prostreetsetupa.jpg

I based this off of the AMT Pro Street 68 Roadrunner kit from 1990. I always liked it better then the one from the 70 Super Bee. Yes they are different.

Matt

Thanks guys.

I messed up the mold for the tubed chassis backhalf last night. So I have to start over. ;););) I would have had it ready for today. But it is going to be a couple of days. I am going to offer the suspension pieces in the pics above as a separate kit and the tubs separate. I will also do it as a complete kit. I have not figured out the pricing yet, that is why those pieces are not on my web site yet. I am thinking that the rear Pro Street suspension kit will be $10.00 and the tubs will be $8.00. Maybe bring the complete pro Street back half kit in at $15.00 That is what it will be at the tops.

Thanks for your interest.

matt

any chance these fit the 74 GTX ?

It is just going to be just as it came from the 68 Roadruner kit. I am not making it for any one particular model kit. It is meant to be universal. It is basically the 68 Pro Street Roadrunner's chassis from the front of the tubs, back. I will have a pic right here in a day or two. Just got to get the mold done.

It will be like this, but this pic is of the rear section from the AMT 66 Nova. I use to do that one years ago. I am not selling this one. This is just to give you an idea what this upcoming one is.

lookout_parts_008.jpg

Again, this is not the one I am coming out with. This is a resin copy of the 66 Nova I did years ago. I just post this to give you all an idea of what I am doing.

Matt

Matt, Does it have the ribbed tubs and the tube chassis with the 'sheetmetal' floor like this picture of the 66 Nova rear chassis?

No AMT did not rib the tubs on the 68 Roadrunner like they did on the 66 Nova. But the floor has a fabrcated look to it.

I would also do the Nova back half but that kit is still on the hobby shop shelves.

If this back half goes well. I was thinking about doing the one out of the Revell 67 Chevelle "Max Rat".

Matt

No AMT did not rib the tubs on the 68 Roadrunner like they did on the 66 Nova. But the floor has a fabrcated look to it.

I would also do the Nova back half but that kit is still on the hobby shop shelves.

If this back half goes well. I was thinking about doing the one out of the Revell 67 Chevelle "Max Rat".

Matt

My only concern is whether the 68 Roadrunner chassis back half will fit the AMT 68 Camaro. I think the AMT Roadrunner is 1/25 scale.

Matt is this like the old ones I bought off you a few years ago? I still have 4 of the 5 of them I bought and like them a lot.

If they are with very little trimming Z they will fit a lot of stuff... You can also put them into the Amt Impala and Bel Air kits real easy with out a lot of work.

Chas, these are different then the ones you got from me years ago. The ones you got were taken from the AMt 66 Nova. If you like those. This one is even better. The tubs are bigger and deeper, so you can really tuck the rears up into the car and get it low. Also the quality of casting is going to be 125% better. I have learned so much and perfected mold making and resin casting over the years. I am pulling off stuff that I could not even think of doing back in the "LOOKOUT" era.

I got alf of the mold redone. I am going to try to get the other half done up tonight and I should be able to pop a few out sometime tomorrow if all goes well. Like I said, I would have had it done already if I would not had brain farted and mess up a lbs. of rubber. It has all worked out. Looking in the right direction now. You guys are going to be the first to know and see when I get it all done. I even redid the rear end mold. I was not happy with the mold that the one at the top of this tread popped out of. So it got cut up and used for filler for a new mold. Rear end is coming out much better.

Just to let you all know. When you get those parts, if you order from me. They will look just like that. If you have been on my web site. you have seen that I have a big NO FLASH policy. My parts are as clean or sometimes cleaner then parts out of a new Revell kit. Oh yea, I went there. LOL!

Like I have said before. "This is NOT my HOBBY. This is my BUSINESS." I love this hobby and my hobby is building model cars. But resin casting is what I do. It is my full time job.

:lol: AAHRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

The resin Gods do not want this back half to happen. I finished the mold this morning and cast the first one. Well I found one little flaw in the top of the mold. It is enough to not allow me to cast a good quality part. So now I am going to redo the inserting half of the mold. MAN!!! I just keep messing up on this one. This mold is costing me 3 times as much to make!!! :lol: Been doing this for years and I am just making rookie mistakes!!! LOL!!!

Anyways, downside. We are looking at another day till I can get this thing into production.

Well, back to the rock pile! We will get it done.

Matt

When you do get it done...count me in for one, errr maybe two, or three. I spent hours surfing the net looking for something like what you are making. Your design will find its way under my pro street 55 Chevy. These are just quick mock up pics. Waiting for some "real" tires and rims in the mail. This is pretty much the right stance though. Got alot of work to make the HUGE Gibson engine fit in nicely.

Brutalform,

I back halved an AMT 55 with the old 66 Nova back have I use to do in resin. I have got to finish it one of these days. Yours looks like it will be really cool. Is that one of those Gibson, Sonny Bryant engines? That thing is HUGE!!

55chevtub-1.jpg

Yes its the 737 Thumper. The pic you posted is exactly what I planned on doing. The front part of the chassis is a 55 chevy, correct? My 55 chassis is the AMT, and it has a single exhaust pipe cast right in the length of the frame.

If you get this stuff worked out, I will surely take a few.

Yes its the 737 Thumper. The pic you posted is exactly what I planned on doing. The front part of the chassis is a 55 chevy, correct? My 55 chassis is the AMT, and it has a single exhaust pipe cast right in the length of the frame.

If you get this stuff worked out, I will surely take a few.

That is the AMT 55 Chassis. I ground out the single exhaust and filled in the hole that were left with evergreen plastic and a little bondo.

I think I got the mold for this new back half, finished. I repoured the last part last night. I was at the IPMS convention all day and just got home. So I am going to go up there right now and cast one.

BRB

Matt