Model Cars Magazine Forum

LaFerrari: New supercar introduced today

So... LaFerrari (I really HATE the name), P1 or Veneno for YOUR garage? (Though I guess if you can afford a Veneno, you can bag one each of the other two as well...)

I'd like to see a Top Gear group test to see if any of these knock the Veyron off its perch... ;-)

From a design point of view, I'd say the Veyron was drawn for Gulf princelings, whereas this generation appeals to the aesthetics of young Chinese nouveau riche...

Bestest,

M.

(And before you start, Skip, I'm 250 miles from the Maserati, so I'm ALLOWED to procrastinate! ;-P)

Surely if that's what they're after it should be "la Ferrarissima"... ;-P

Seriously, what happens in five years time when the next ultimate expression of Ferrari-ness comes along? Or maybe that range-topping model is ALWAYS LaFerrari now...

Personally, I think the cylinders/capacity number thing is part of Ferraris DNA, and they mess with it at their peril!

Bestest,

M.

Ummm...it's not like it's the Ford Ford Galaxie.

From the New York Times: "The temptation to call it Ferrari’s LaFerrari must be stifled, the company says; its correct name is – like so many other one-name celebrities, like Sting, Cher, Madonna or Liberace – just LaFerrari (no space)."

Edited by sjordan2

Blows the Enzo and F50 clean outta the water, far as I'm concerned. AWESOME.

Man I was going to be all over you for such a "stupid" statement, but another couple of minutes looking at it and I agree. I would not have thought it possible. It looks a bit to be the offspring of the Enzo and F50. So it is la bambina.

Just beautiful.

Joe.

It's ugly, overblown and has needlessly convoluted styling. What ever happened to simplicity and the graceful curves of a GTO or 275 GTB.

A 599 looks much nicer to my simple tastes IMHO.

It lacks balance and looks like it was designed by the Hot Wheels design team.

Edited by doggie427

Man I was going to be all over you for such a "stupid" statement, but another couple of minutes looking at it and I agree. I would not have thought it possible. It looks a bit to be the offspring of the Enzo and F50. So it is la bambina.

Just beautiful.

Joe.

It's got a fair bit of the Glickenhaus P4 mixed in for good measure, and that ain't no bad thing imho.

Checked out the official release video yet? Hoo boy... B)

We're moving to a different paradigm in surface development these days; for some it works, and for others, not so much. Count me in the first group.

This is another one I think is astoundingly beautiful as a shape, but some of the overly-busy details spoil it a little for my taste. Clean up the tail, take the pointless creases off of the rear quarters-panel tops, and maybe subdue the pointed nose just a tad......

Maybe this is why they don't pay me the big bucks to design cars in Italy.

Still, that rear 3/4 shot makes my heart beat faster.