Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

The were apparently test shots at the iHobby show but no updates on release date that I've seen so far.

I believe the proper term is 'early mockup' :)

I'm sure they've come a long way since that one was done....

Sure nice inner detail on that box but that cab's jes' a tad out of whack

mike

Tower Hobbies has moved their expected date to February '14. I also noticed the Moebius marketing dohickie now says "Coming from Moebius in 2014".

Find something else to do, this one isn't finished baking yet.

Not, but I am beginning to detect a delicious aroma! ;)

Art

So, I saw the pics of the '71 from Toledo NNL, but has anyone heard anything about the '69 short bed version? Also, from the pics and the "work in progress" comments, is it safe to assume that the '71 won't be ready by the Febuary date that Tower Hobbies is now giving?

The item shown at Toledo was not a test shot, it was a tooling mock-up.

Tooling has not started yet. Still making adjustments to details of the cab. Hope to start tooling before the end of this month - it's down to moving a body line by about 1mm in a 3D file.

Waiting for the 3D file with that correction - if it looks right then we'll start tooling.

If I can get tooling started before end of October I'd hope to see 1st test shots before end of the year. Maybe production kits by February.

Given the dificulties of getting this far I won't make any promises - just telling you what the best case scenario could look like!

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

Dave , keep in mind , there are a FEW here that that one millimeter will make for a slew of hate mail , both to you , us here , and to Moebius model workers . With that said , I just ran out of coffee, a REAL dilemma !

I understand the coffee issue its a must have, but im not picky with how well it is scaled, ill just be happy to have a model like that. Moebius is really showing us what models can be, revell and round2 should start taking notes.

Dave, I think the modeling community appreciates your efforts in getting it right. Your company has earned that reputation and we will all patiently wait until you get it to market. Expect great sales!

x 2!

Your efforts are appreciated, Dave . . . and those of the entire Moebius team. B)

Tooling has not started yet. Still making adjustments to details of the cab. Hope to start tooling before the end of this month - it's down to moving a body line by about 1mm in a 3D file.

Waiting for the 3D file with that correction - if it looks right then we'll start tooling.

If I can get tooling started before end of October I'd hope to see 1st test shots before end of the year. Maybe production kits by February.

Given the dificulties of getting this far I won't make any promises - just telling you what the best case scenario could look like!

Dave

I have waited this long, a couple more months to get a better product is well worth it to me! I have a few kits (ha ha :D ) to tide me over until then.

As others have said, many thanks to your efforts and those of the Moebius team to get these kits as accurate as possible while bringing us something highly desired.

Dave

I can add that I saw the tooling mockups yesterday (I get called onl to help with evaluating tooling mockups and test shots BTW) and I can confirm what Dave has said here--it's getting VERY close folks! Should be a lot of fun to see the test shots, see how it all comes together!

Art

The bump-side Fords have been on my wish-list for decades. I drove a '67 F-250 in high school and for several years afterward and have always claimed this body style as my favorite. By all means, do what you have to too get them right. I am more than happy to wait while Moebius, once again, raises the bar on excellence. All the hard work is greatly appreciated.

The bump-side Fords have been on my wish-list for decades. I drove a '67 F-250 in high school and for several years afterward and have always claimed this body style as my favorite. By all means, do what you have to too get them right. I am more than happy to wait while Moebius, once again, raises the bar on excellence. All the hard work is greatly appreciated.

X2

I absolutely concur on the wait time ; "Do it once , do it right , or don't do it at all."

A life-long favourite kit of mine has been the coveted AMT Star Truk [sic] . I'd built a number of that kit when it was new ; however , my skills were , shall we say , "not good" , so I'm looking forward to these new F-Series from Moebius !

Take your time , guys . We , the hobbiests , have already waited for umpteen years --and many have paid inflated Sothebey's auction prices on auction sites for-- a scalled version of this American icon . :)

Well your "Seal of Approval" pretty much "seals" the deal for me NOT to purchase one of these.

:huh:

Your loss, but it will leave more of them for the rest of us!

{PS: If your post was supposed to be some sort of shot at Art, try again. It failed miserably.}