Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cover versions of well-known songs

most listeners claim Warren Zevon did the best Werewolves of London, I think Adam Sandler did a decent cover.

Yeah, I like that too. The night he did it on Letterman, they brought in Waddy Wachtel too, and there was a shot of Waddy standing over with Letterman's regular two guitarists and bass guy and it looked like an antiaircraft battery! I wish that were on youtube.

I probably have close to 60 versions of Werewolves. On of my favorites is from 1995 when Zevon was touring with an Irish Band called Something Happens. They featured a Hammond B3 organ and made Werewolves sound like a Three Dog Night song! B):lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two covers for the price of one, and ripped from this week's headlines to boot:

How the HECK did I not notice "Stay With Me" used the same chord progression as "Won't Back Down"? There was a period of time I would put "Won't Back Down" on repeat for most of the subway trip to work. I've heard "Stay With Me" often enough on thru car radio. Yet, I still never made the connection.

How the HECK did I not notice "Stay With Me" used the same chord progression as "Won't Back Down"? There was a period of time I would put "Won't Back Down" on repeat for most of the subway trip to work. I've heard "Stay With Me" often enough on thru car radio. Yet, I still never made the connection.

First time I ever heard Stay With Me was on one of the singing shows like Idol last year...thought I'd heard it before but it took me a couple days to make the connection. Was reminded of it last night on the SNL "news" when they said that Petty and Smith have "settled." Petty and Jeff Lynne will now get a songwriting credit on Stay with Me and 12.5% of the royalties. B)

Two covers for the price of one. Blue Swede doing a medley of "Hush" by Deep Purple, and "I'm Alive" by Tommy James and the Shondells.

and a foreign language cover of "White Punks on Dope" by the Tubes. Different lyrics to the same tune by the Nina Hagen Band.

If nothing else, check out her earrings... Oh! Those wild and wacky early eighties!

The Dickies were a California band well known for being too fast and loud, and kind of proud of it. The were the masters of the overkill cover.

Here they are making Paranoid even moe frantic than Sabbath!

And here is their take on Knights in White Satin

Wildest of all is their high speed thrash punk pop version of Sound of Silence. No live video to this one, but you can imagine...