Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cover versions of well-known songs

Last Friday night I was watching Mike Bell And The Belltones that is an excellent Finnish Rockabilly band. Here are a couple of excellent covers they played:

First Baby, I'm In The Mood For You. I heard this is originally Bob Dylan's song and I had to search it from YouTube. Man, that original version was horrible, but this cover is excellent for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBa0Kn6bzfE

And here they're covering Carl Perkins' Record Hop. I like the original version, but this is even better:

Now THAT was interesting! Never heard of that before.

This is one of my alltime favorite songs. I think the original is much better, but as I said, this is very, VERY interesting! Thanks for posting it!

Agree that Janis' version isn't nearly as good as the original. I had no idea that she ever covered the Bee Gees! Learn sumthin new every day!

Cool thread. I cant believe I haven't seen it until now.

Hendrix and Blonde are two of my favorites. Suffice it to say this is one of my favorite covers.....

Holy krap! That is awesome! I'm a fan of Concrete Blonde, but I've never heard this. Tough to top the original, but this is one cool cover. Thanks for posting, Adam... and widening my musical world. B)

Here's a case where the cover is better known than the original.

This was a big one hit wonder in the Eighties. I know there were some pretty serious controversies, but this is the MTV safe for all ages video.

Here is the original, with no underaged, underdressed women.

Surprisingly, the older Strangeloves versions of this song are just as creepy as the '80s rehash.

• 2 weeks later...