Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Project! F1 Vw

Darrell Gwinn

You are not far from reality there. Way back in the seventies, there was a farm league for the F1 circut based on VW engines. It was called Formula V. I have thought long and hard about taking a built up Gurney indy car I have and sticking a V-dub engine in the back. One thought, what about a V section running from the front to the back to give it a bit more of a forward rake? Great start!!

You are not far from reality there. Way back in the seventies, there was a farm league for the F1 circut based on VW engines. It was called Formula V. I have thought long and hard about taking a built up Gurney indy car I have and sticking a V-dub engine in the back. One thought, what about a V section running from the front to the back to give it a bit more of a forward rake? Great start!!

Ahh, that is a good idea. I'll see what I can do, i have a limited supply of tools right now and i dont think i can pull that off with an x-acto knife. Id ruin the model or cut my hand off...haha

Try the V-dub engine with the supercharger from the dragster :lol:

Haha that would be pretty interesting! Im already using the supercharger for another project though... Ill prolly ask around for a foreign v8 or v10, but ill probably keep the vw engine for another project and put some sort of supercharger or turbo set up on it....