Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Ford Pickup Flip Nose

Clay

Just thought I would start another project until i get some CSC fo the mustang, I started this one yesterday,

DSCF0101.jpg

Its primed and ready to paint,

DSCF0100.jpg

exterior is gonna be Testors Lime Gold Metal Flake, gonna TRY to do some detail work in the same.

Edited by jones_clayton

Let me know how you get the front clip to line up with the cowl. I built the same kit and I could not get them to line up, I display the model with the front flipped. I built mine in red oxide primer with rims painted red with wide white walls and small 47-48 Ford hubcaps. I also did the bed to look like wood. also shaved the door handles and use 59 Caddy taillights and a different grill with canted headlamps.

:huh::huh: BRRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! did I spell that correctly? :blink::blink::):P

Actually I love this body style both PU and Panel!! They can hold most any motor/trans/induction you want, plenty of room for tires and wheels,and always looks great chopped, channeled and slammed!!

that was one of the first kits i built also... painted it testors gloss black.... didn't come out ANYWHERE near as nice as yours is coming out.... fun kit...... as far as the closed hood comments.... AMT has a more stock version of this kit also.... i like it a lot more because it has LOADS of optional parts including complete extra motor than in itself has options too :)

Clay,

You might try something like an orange pinstripe to highlight the colors you're using. What do you think?

OrangeStripe-vi.jpg

You should be able to find orange pinstriping tape at the local auto store. 1/16" would work well. You would probably have to clear over it to keep in in place on the curves.

Regards,

Clay,

You might try something like an orange pinstripe to highlight the colors you're using. What do you think?

OrangeStripe-vi.jpg

You should be able to find orange pinstriping tape at the local auto store. 1/16" would work well. You would probably have to clear over it to keep in in place on the curves.

Regards,

That would be awesome, would Future hold it down? And can I apply it with a foam paint brush?

Clay,

I'm glad that you liked the suggestion. I don't know how well Future would work...I don't use it. Maybe someone else on the board can help you there...

I got a gloss cote I can use on it. But it will have to wait til tomorrow or later on tonight because my eyes hurt, went to the eye doctor today...

Ok I got to wait on the pin strip because Autozon only had 1/8 inch, I am gonna go to Advance Auto Parts today and see. But I did a mock up again and I will hopefully finish the chassis and interior tonight.

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

I'm thinking about adding some Jade Green to the bottom because the bed looks lonely with just one color. What do you guys think?

DSCF0222.jpg