Model Cars Magazine Forum

Put Up or Shut UP !

Pretty poor taste, IMO ... and, has anyone else noticed that Mr. Theune's avatar is about three times the size limit?

Ken ,

I'm very New to this Group & LOVE TO SEE some of Your Efforts in Modeling

Your quite the perceptive individual, :shock:

& I'm sure you Models are First Class

Don

!00% agreement with this. well said!

Come on Guy's ............... let's see , I show'd you mine , Your Turn !

Oh , & K Hart , EXACTLY what game don't you "want to play ? "

From what I can tell these past day's , your 1st String , on the Field

( behind that computer of yours > chiming in :twisted: )

Forget a 'bout those Previous Builds, ..... let's see what's on your bench

BTW , your cute comment / suggestion " Grow Up or Shut Up "

allow me to quote my God Son " Your Not the Boss of Me ! "

Put Up or Shut Up

Don

I haven't been a member for very long here, but, nevertheless I will state my opinion. This STUPID BICKERING that has been going on about some resin products has got to stop. When I joined MCM it was with the idea of forgetting other web sites that I had been active with. The enjoyment of participation had dwindled done to near zero because of negative coments from both the posters as well as the web masters. And please don't think that I always "go with the flow" on a web site. I agree with Jarius on letting this resin thing die. I would have locked the subject long ago. On the other hand, forgive me Greg, I do not agree with your opinion of Jeb. He may "march to a different drummer" but his participation, offerings and comments are all in good taste. One of the sites that I no longer have anything to do with insisted on grammer-correct sentences, perfect spelling, etc. This type of editing from this unnamed web site bordered on dictatorialism.

We seem to have gone off on a tangent here. Lets get back to the light and fun postings that this web site has been famous for, OK ?

bob

I would like to point out that it was not Don who came through the door with an attitude.... but rather other persons who started threads, which run down Reliable Resin products. That is where the bickering and griping started in my humble opinion. Don is simply defending his name.

I want the backbiting, and complaining to stop now! No more posts stating something were "stolen" and this and such was "poorly done"! I have been privileged to see some of the products you guys say were stolen. Not all the items mind you, but a few. I have also seen the masters, which looked to me like they were assembled by scratch from evergreen plastic and other little bits. There is NO way you can "COPY" someone else’s work if you do it YOURSELF!

Some of you need to accept the fact that Reliable Resin has the right to exist and you have the CHOICE of weather to buy or not. No one is forcing you to send him money.

Lets all stop the attacks and get back to building or I will be forced to begin deleting threads in an effort to bring peace back to the forum!

:evil:

I don't think they're Listening

I haven't been a member for very long here, but, nevertheless I will state my opinion. This STUPID BICKERING that has been going on about some resin products has got to stop. When I joined MCM it was with the idea of forgetting other web sites that I had been active with. The enjoyment of participation had dwindled done to near zero because of negative coments from both the posters as well as the web masters. And please don't think that I always "go with the flow" on a web site. I agree with Jarius on letting this resin thing die. I would have locked the subject long ago. On the other hand, forgive me Greg, I do not agree with your opinion of Jeb. He may "march to a different drummer" but his participation, offerings and comments are all in good taste. One of the sites that I no longer have anything to do with insisted on grammer-correct sentences, perfect spelling, etc. This type of editing from this unnamed web site bordered on dictatorialism.

We seem to have gone off on a tangent here. Lets get back to the light and fun postings that this web site has been famous for, OK ?

bob

AMEN , let's keep this Board ( at Least ) about actually "Building Models"

Sharing Ideas & Tips ............. as you can tell * I Love to see others efforts >>>> PICTURES :roll:

Maybe, just Maybe others will follow suit !

Oh yea, Thank You for Not Locking it Up & allowing the Truth to be Told

( once & for all )

Don

Guest roadkill2525

bob

I agree with Mr. Paeth about this stream of ranting, bad mouthing, and bickering that has been going on lately. I came her to discuss model building and share my works with everyone, not to watch adults yell at each other because someone said this or that about the other. I'll step off my soap box, ask that everyone act their age and keep this a great place for model building.

Just a short note to everyone: Many times when I have been mentioned on what I wrote or have given an opinion I have been refered to as Mr. Paeth. While I am old enough to be a father to most of you, you still have my permission to use my first name, Bob. ( along with my last name if you so desire ) I don't consider my self the absolute authority on anything so, a first name calling seems better to me.

bob

Just a short note to everyone: Many times when I have been mentioned on what I wrote or have given an opinion I have been refered to as Mr. Paeth. While I am old enough to be a father to most of you, you still have my permission to use my first name, Bob. ( along with my last name if you so desire ) I don't consider my self the absolute authority on anything so, a first name calling seems better to me.

bob

We're just Paeth-etic. :lol:

bob

Bob...

and I have always called You that when we met a few times.. NNL west..

we talked about Richmond ca..and the Train station.. which Is long gone Now..

Dwayne Bressem

PS.. can you do a tutorial On your Specialty??? Plastic welding..Using the Hot Knife.. I have practiced that a Bit ..and need More Practice.

Bob...

and I have always called You that when we met a few times.. NNL west..

we talked about Richmond ca..and the Train station.. which Is long gone Now..

Dwayne Bressem

PS.. can you do a tutorial On your Specialty??? Plastic welding..Using the Hot Knife.. I have practiced that a Bit ..and need More Practice.

Ahhhh... Richmond, The old Homestead... Can't say I miss it, though!

Yeah, I think I like the new harmony on the board! 8)

Ahhhh... Richmond, The old Homestead... Can't say I miss it, though!

Yeah, I think I like the new harmony on the board! 8)

Steve,,

I forgot You were from up there also..

I miss it a Little Bit for the area But not for the traffic and ??

Dwayne

PS will be In Cal for Vac.. in June 7 thru the 17th

I have never (almost) done an article for a magazine since my departure from Revell in 1970. I have, however, given many seminars on the use of the 'hot knife" over these past years. I will be giving another seminar at the GSL in less than two weeks. Maybe with a little pressure from the members here on MCM, Greg could take some pics for an article in an up-coming issue. Greg ?????????????

bob

I have never (almost) done an article for a magazine since my departure from Revell in 1970. I have, however, given many seminars on the use of the 'hot knife" over these past years. I will be giving another seminar at the GSL in less than two weeks. Maybe with a little pressure from the members here on MCM, Greg could take some pics for an article in an up-coming issue. Greg ?????????????

bob

Yeah, Gregg! Give Paeth a chance!

Get it? Give Paeth a chance? Give peace a chance? Lordy, I do crack me up.

It would be interesting to see a tutorial on the plastic welding. I haven't read every model magazine ever printed, but I know I haven't seen that done in any that I did manage to read.

bob

Yeah Gregg ... Pic that Seminar..

I have seen Bob do it at Portland NNL near the airport 89 I believe.

and that Inspired me ..

I have done a few and Plan On Many More..