Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replica of my 1:1 ('93 Chev)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, between all the nice comments here and all the comments I get about the 1:1 I don't know how to respond sometimes, anyway, got the color GM Brite/Bright Teal (#38), and got the body panels ready for color.

GEDC2297.jpg

GEDC2298.jpg

Nick

Still need to finish roughing out the Tonneau.

Edited by Nick Winter

Thanks Mike, yes it's Fun, building what I drive everyday, but it has it's down sides, because I drive it everyday and have done almost everything It has needed myself, it leaves me knowing to much about the truck and wanting to add EVERY detail.

anyway.

Made the Tonneau (thanks W/T for your help)

GEDC2351.jpg

GEDC2294.jpg

Also Tinted the glass to match my rig, added the sun shade on the front and did the rear window, that is real LLumar Window tint that I got from the guys next door to my work FX Tint.

GEDC2354.jpg

GEDC2353.jpg

GEDC2352.jpg

GEDC2223.jpg

Nick

• 1 month later...

Status, 1:1 runs great and got a full tank of premium gas the other day (gas station ran out of regular and were selling premium for the price of regular). As far as scale, been working out how to do the exhuast in scale, 1:1 has one off custom System. and well then there's my 1:1 toy ('69 Fury III Convertible), and working 10 1/2 hour days doesn't help either.

Nick

• 3 months later...

Finally got my 1:1 project to the point where I'm not having to put as many hours into it, and I'm not as busy with work so I've been working on clearing out old projects.

Started working on getting this one finished.

First job was to give my motor a coat of Duplicolor Engine enamel, Black of Course. Then I got looking at the transmission, NOPE WRONG FOR MY TRUCK, the transmission included is of course the SM465 4spd Manual (dropped in '92), my truck is a '93 and has the 4L60E 4spd Automatic (First year available on 1/2 tons), so I went parts box scrounging and came up with as close as I could find. Gave it a Shot of King Industrial Core Rebuilders Cast Aluminum paint. Still need to add the dipstick tube and dipstick, haven't decided if I'm going to do the lines yet.

GEDC3837.jpg

GEDC3838.jpg

GEDC3851.jpg

Also painted the bumpers and mirrors with the same paint I used on my 1:1 to clean up everything, Duplicolors Acrylic Lacquer, which didn't overly impress me.

GEDC3839.jpg

Also Polished out the paint and did the trim.

GEDC3863.jpg

GEDC3865.jpg

GEDC3864.jpg

GEDC3860.jpg

GEDC3858.jpg

Nick

Transmission in the kit is actually the New Venture 5LM60 5-speed.

Trans you added is the TH350, if you have any of the SS454 kits you could have used the trans out of that (4L80E, but close enough)

Though the kit trans was the SM465 4spd available from '88-'92 (the kit being a '90), also like I said this trans is parts box, and I really Don't care, looks better than the 4spd manual trans, Only external visual difference in 25th scale is the pan, which I'm not going to bother screwing around with.

I always love the clean looks of the Scottsdale.. I use to have a 94 Cheyenne but now I have a 91 GMC SLT nice trim pack but I almost wish it was the SL ( now that some of the trim is had-it ) and I have a 93 Bravada ( I wish there was a model of that ) but my Cheyenne had a diff grill and headlight (it used the sealed beam headlight like the older cars/trucks ( one on each side what we called the plain jane nose )) so it through me off when I seen the pick of your pickup..

My Cheyenne has the Composite lights and chrome Grill from the factory, was a available "Decor" Package at a cost of If I remember right $115.

Nick

yea my 94 looked like the second pic. but my 91 gmc has the 700r4 in it. witch I think nick may have ( anyaways I think I seen in the pic's that his is a automatic ( it may be a metric 350 like my van had hehe ))

Nope, my truck has the 4L60E which is a modern 700R4 basically, biggest difference is the Electronic Shift Module. As far as I know the TH350 wasn't offered in the '88-'98 C/K series.

Nick