Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 DeTomaso Mangusta, modified to be driveable.

71 Lamborghini Espada

73 Pontiac Grand Am 4-door, red/red/455/4-speed

2013 Fusion Wagon

2009 F150 Supercab XLT

Currently own:

2011 Fusion SE 4-cyl Appearance Package

2002 Explorer XLT 4.0 2WD

1969 Cougar XR 7 hardtop 351W/FMX Yellow/Saddle

1981 Honda CB900F. Silver. Sport control kit, Hondaline Sport fairing

Here is my 5. It's hard to pick only 5 and every day it might change except the first 2... I will say that with the upcoming Mustang Notch back release and the Fujimi Pantera that filled (2) of my wished from what would have been last years list.

1). 1967 Ford Galaxie. We soooo need this in scale.

2). Jaguar XKE. An all new tool...coupe or convertible (though if I had to pick it;d be the coupe).

Now for me, from here on the list is subject to change :) LOL

3). 32 Ford Tudor chopped and Zframed.

You know I think Revell has a real winner with the 1949 Merc...for all of us who wanted a chopped coupe but could never do one, that was perfect. I'm thinking the same idea with a chopped and lowered 32 ford. Could release several body versions on the same frame and engine...

4). 1968 Mustang California Special.

Amy I right ? I mean who doesn't want that right ? hahaha

5). A corrected Revell 1969 Mustang

Here is the thing...that's already a good kit. Actually a great building kit but the nose is just WRONG. The key to this is they really only have to redo the nose since that's all a separate piece. Since the 69 fake side scoops are already a separate piece, they could cast another piece that would make it flat like the Boss 302. So from that tool all they have most of the parts to make a Boss 302 version. New 302 engine new non Mach 1 dash and interior...and you have a 302. Yeah I know you'd have to fill in the gaps on the body to make the 302. but most of today's market is an adult builder right ? Anyway...that's #5. For today anyway :).

Edited by Jeff Johnston

Here is my 5. It's hard to pick only 5 and every day it might change except the first 2... I will say that with the upcoming Mustang Notch back release and the Fujimi Pantera that filled (2) of my wished from what would have been last years list.

1). 1967 Ford Galaxie. We soooo need this in scale.

2). Jaguar XKE. An all new tool...coupe or convertible (though if I had to pick it;d be the coupe).

Now for me, from here on the list is subject to change :) LOL

3). 32 Ford Tudor chopped and Zframed.

You know I think Revell has a real winner with the 1949 Merc...for all of us who wanted a chopped coupe but could never do one, that was perfect. I'm thinking the same idea with a chopped and lowered 32 ford. Could release several body versions on the same frame and engine...

4). 1968 Mustang California Special.

Amy I right ? I mean who doesn't want that right ? hahaha

5). A corrected Revell 1969 Mustang

Here is the thing...that's already a good kit. Actually a great building kit but the nose is just WRONG. The key to this is they really only have to redo the nose since that's all a separate piece. Since the 69 fake side scoops are already a separate piece, they could cast another piece that would make it flat like the Boss 302. So from that tool all they have most of the parts to make a Boss 302 version. New 302 engine new non Mach 1 dash and interior...and you have a 302. Yeah I know you'd have to fill in the gaps on the body to make the 302. but most of today's market is an adult builder right ? Anyway...that's #5. For today anyway :).

I think you're supposed to pick real cars.

I think you're supposed to pick real cars.

hmmm ok yeah I read that. I guess I just figured this was model related...

So given that this is an easy list for me...

67 Shelby GT 500

Lamborghini Miura

DeTomasso Pantera pre-plastic bumper

Ferarri California

2014 Corvette

Edited by Jeff Johnston

Daily driver: '39 Plymouth coupe - slightly modified, i.e.: 318 and I.F.S.

Fair weather fun-mobile: '72 Karman Ghia convertible; had one, loved it, blew it up :( .

Go anywhere vehicle: '74 FJ40 with possible engine upgrade

Babe magnet: 550 Porsche spyder

Street racer: Ford GT40 Mk I ; For when I absolutely, positively have to be there yesterday!

Current daily driver: '01 Nissan Frontier P/U ; Because it Just Won't Die

Hmmm, five cars for a lifetime, huh? Well, let's see:

1- 1963 Corvette coupe- silver over saddle interior.

2- Ferrari 458 Italia Spyder -white over red interior

7084354071_f9d9fa04eb_z.jpg

3- 1987 Bentley Mulsanne Turbo R (maintenance is included, right?)

tn1-L.jpg

4- '32 Ford roadster- something along the lines of the Tom Gloy lowboy pictured below

1303rc-05+tom-gloys-1932-ford-roadster+d

5- Maserati Ghibli- the prettiest shape ever on four wheels

72-Maserati-Ghibli-DV-09_RMM-02.jpg

Current DD- 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible (pic is of my actual DD)

DSCN1133.jpg

5- Maserati Ghibli- the prettiest shape ever on four wheels

72-Maserati-Ghibli-DV-09_RMM-02.jpg

You know Jason I have to agree that the Ghibli is one of those best of the best looking cars. For me, depending on the day, Its a toss up between the Ghibli and the Muira. I think the only reason I did not mention it in my top 5 was because the wind was blowing Muira that day. Seeing your Ghibli swings the pendulum a bit today though. What an absolutely beautiful car.

So....make this easy. If I had to pick 2 classic exotic cars well it;d be the Ghibli and the Muira. Or the Muira and the Ghibli...depending on the day LOL

Edited by Jeff Johnston

92-93 GMC Typhoon... Because an AWD 4.3Turbo SUV, small and boxy

69 Rambler S/C Hurst... It's my favorite car. And AMC power ;)

70 Dodge Dart Swinger 340... I've had many 70-71 Darts and wouldn't mind a real 340 car

67 Dodge Coronet R/T with Hemi... Had a real 67 R/T but was 440 car so why not a Hemi next

62 Impala SS 409... Had one with a ZZ4 crate engine, and miss the car..

Current cars owned,

65 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 140hp with 4 speed

91 GMC Sonoma ST 4x4, daily driver

96 Pontiac Firebird Firehawk, LT1 383 stroker with 6 speed