Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopper has finished his 59 Cadillac custom

ViperDave

Dave, I couldn't help but notice that your Sig says your name, then home of the petty car and vintage mopar trans am stuff...Do you actually personally own the posey and petty cars?

Yes. We have the #76 Sam Posey Trans am Challenger. It took 9 years to restore it. We also resored the first of the Dan Gurney Trans am Cuda's back in the 80's and sold it a few years ago. The Petty car is the original Chrysler kit car prototype that Petty built. It is a 73-74 style Challenger and is the one Dale Earnhardt tested for Petty. We also have the Jim Cushman Chrysler kit car. It was originally a Duster body but now has an Aspen body on it. We will go back with the Duster body when we restore it.

We did restore the #77 Challenger trans am racer for Ken Epsman and he still owns it and lives in Calif.

Thanks.

This is very nice and very very smooth! :D Good looking custom Cadillac, that new top is looking good on it and fenderskirts are simply awesome! Now I have go to build my '56 Chevy lead sled because now I have much inspiration to make a big modifications. Thank you for sharing this awesome smooth custom Caddy! :D