Model Cars Magazine Forum

Imagine this

Barbo

After winning 3 Disney's marathons in my wheelchair, the "Race for the Taste 1.5k" , "Royal Family 3k" and the "Corp 5k" I was thinking how about a 24 hour endurance race in a double seeted wheelchair. Crazy but, this is my idea in a model. I call it Daytona 500..Above and Beyond..Barbo

100_4768.jpg

100_4770.jpg

100_4748.jpg

100_4766.jpg

Edited by Barbo

Hmmm...very, very cool. Maybe if the passenger side had a single crank with chain arrangement similar to a handbike, it would allow the passenger to use it only for making turns. Crank to make a left turn, reverse it to use the crank hub friction brake to make a right. Or, you could just have a bit of a cut-out in the passenger cockpit to allow access to that wheel, too. Much too early on a Saturday morning for me to be thinking of these things! :o

Hi guys, and thanks for your ideas. The truth is that both runners must move the wheels at the same time, when both are tired they switch seats. I was thinking of installing a ball bearing system like my special running wheelchair, but double. This system ia capable of moving my wheelchair aprox. 23 ft in distance with only one stroke. My domestic wheelchair moves for about 14 ft in distance with one stroke.It will be just like rowing a olympic kayak with 2 or more athletes. Well these are just Ideas, who knows maybe I do one for real and see what happens..ja,jaja,ja,....Above and Beyond...Barbo.

My domestic wheelchair without the ball bearing system between the back wheels.

100_4136.jpg

My special running wheelchair with the ball bearing system.

100_4549.jpg

100_4550.jpg