Model Cars Magazine Forum

I started my own resin "company"

I threw together a webpage with pics and prices of things I've been casting, as I've had lots of inquiries about selling stuff. Pretty much exclusively Mopar stuff for now.

www.ModelCarDesigns.com

I got bored with Photoshop, so I made the logo and stuff too.

(if this isn't allowed I'm sorry! Delete it up!)

B) Looks like your prices are good and your shipping is really fair.. If your quality is good, I'd venture to say that you will sell some parts. I like the flat Challenger hood - interesting. :D

Here's a suggestion - It looks like you like wheels - you may want to consider trying to make some old style 3/4 ton wheels and some good stock newer style and older style GM 16" duals for one tons. I have found Ford wheels for duals but no GM ones yet.. they have a different look to them. Lots of guys like trucks and building commercial type rigs and have to buy a complete kit just to get proper style wheels. PM me if you want pictures of the different style wheels.. I have wheels here from the '50's through the '90's if you need reference photos and measurements. :lol::lol::D

I believe the AMT and MPC are the same kit. This is from the AMT Challenger convert, 1:25.

I'll add that to my site description :lol:

Actually they are two different animals. MPC's Challengers were annual kits from 1970 through 1974. AMT's 1970 droptop is a completely different tool and was released shortly after Ertl took over AMT in 1982-83.

Hey Ian - congratulations! I've bookmarked your site for possible future use.

Any suggestions for molding/casting Pegasus disc brakes? I tried a 2 part mold but can't get the resin in it. I'm going to try again and this time put in some registration points and a vent tube. I use Somooth-On products although I did buy some Aluminite clear & red dye for casting taillights. The lights came out okay until I introduced them to Wesley's - they came out with a white haze.

Thanks for the suggestions and ideas guys!

I love the wheels,I'll be sending you an order for afew sets in around Feburary,Maybe 10 sets :D I just need you to tell me what style is the correct ones for the 77-78 Monaco kits, The ones in the kit are useless.

I'd say the second style will be best.

That stuff is looking really good! I hope, the quality is good, maybe should do an order. Maybe next year. Nice parts there, AMC Matador rear axle would be nice to see there. That axle can be used to many AMC models, I think. B)

Great stuff, congratulations! B)

hey ian just sent out emails to 3 resin manufactures about some grandville resin kits hopefully in a couple of days il get back some positive input B)

As far as I'm aware of, Nobody has ever made the car,I wish SOMEONE would, Any of the years would be great. I have been trying to figure out what car to even start with, To make one.

As far as I'm aware of, Nobody has ever made the car,I wish SOMEONE would, Any of the years would be great. I have been trying to figure out what car to even start with, To make one.

the only one i can think of is the 70 bonneville the nose,tailights,and dash have to be changed B)

I'm glad you like 'em!

If I can find a good source for 15's I'll make them, I don't think I'm good enough to scratch them yet.

The steelies from the Revell '68 Charger kit are the exact same size as the steelies from the Lindberg kits. "style 1" is Lindberg, "style 2" is Revell, which are both 14".

• 2 weeks later...