Model Cars Magazine Forum

TruckModeler.com website changes

After seven years of hosting the website (formerly known as PlasticCowboy), I have run out of time to work on it.

Some months I found myself choosing between working on a model truck or downloading/editing and building a webpage.

My free time has dwindled considerably in the last 2 years.

I couldn't let the website just sit idle and rot away to nothing. Starting 8/12/07 I will be passing the torch to

Dan Poulin. Dan's new version of the website looks great, and I think everyone will enjoy it.

I'd like to thank everyone who sent in photos over the last 7 years. Good golly, I have seen tons of them!

I won't be going away, now I'll have workbench time again and will continue with TruckersCorner as long as Gregg wants and of course my personal website Tims Trucks.com will continue to feature my latest builds and real Peterbilt truck photos.

Tim

Truckmodeler.com

There will always be a Trucker's Corner.

Come on now, it's how I got started in all of this :-)

Besides, I still love the big rigs

And the people!

I have met some great truck modelers out there

Randal, Gregory, Dr. H, Charles R, and of course, Mr. T!

Guest Anthony Oteri
I have met some great truck modelers out there

Randal, Gregory, Dr. H, Charles R, and of course, Mr. T!

Sounds like the names of the crew of the starship Enterprise! Not sure about who the first officer would be, but Charlie is certainly the captain.

What's goin' on...

Tim.

You did a heck of a job. Back in 2001 I accidently found the Plastic Cowboy truck model website while sitting in front of the computer w/ a broken wrist and arm (curtousy of an 11R24.5 exploding in front of me at work). Looking at your past projects and others on that site so to say relit the pilot light sparking an interest in wanting to build models after a 15+ year absence from this hobby. I don't know how you managed to maintain your full time job,keep the home fires burning,continue to produce models at assembly line speeds and maintain the Plastic Cowboy/Truckmodeler web site as well as doing a few write ups in model car magizines. I can understand your reasoning for letting Dan take the wheel. I've taken a look at the site and it looks like he'll compliment your work.

Tim, I just wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work over the years; unfortunately I was out of the hobby for many of it. Your models and your web site, though, are what gave me the inspiration to get back in the hobby after a 10-11 year layoff. Dan, boy are you going to be busy!! I looked at the site this morning and it looks great!

Thank you both for taking time to show off and promote our hobby.

Tim,

I want to thank you for the work you have done on the truckmodeler site over the years.

I have had the pleasure of e-mailing you when I have needed advice on modeling and thanks to you I have continued the hobby even when I considered some time back on giving it up.

I will endeavour to support Dan on his new job undertaking the role of looking after truckmodeler and already I like what I see.

I take my hat off to you Tim and to all who support the hobby.

Cheers

John Wilson

Masterton

New Zealand

Tim,

As with so many of the other guys it was Plastic Cowboy and your own site that got me back into truck modeling and boy have I enjoyed it. I always looked forward to the next update of Plastic Cowboy to have a look at the great Trucks and Trailers everyone was building. I have to say after looking at Dan's Web site today that enthusiasm for the next updates will continue. Plastic Cowboy/Truckmodeler.com has been responsible for bringing many people together from all parts of the world with a common interest. In doing so you've probably done more for International Relations than any of our Politicians. As with all things in life I believe we are caretakers. There comes a time when we have to let go of all things and pass on the reins to the next one.

Thanks for all your hard work and effort to make mine and everyones favourite hobby the pleasure that it is.

Good Luck with Truckmodeler.com Dan. I like your enthusiasm and the site looks great

Best Wishes to all

Thanks all for you comments. I was really surprised with the help I got from many patrons of the site trying to clean up bugs from the site and most problems were fixed within 24 hours. Like a lot of people I also visited truckmodeler.com at least once a week and I've been building trucks for 18 years now and this whole thing I like to call "internet modeling" is the reason I still build models. I'm a rookie at building websites and learning everyday. I will keep the site running as long as I can and help is always welcome. When I started DMTW I was trying to do something that was different and the combination of both website is giving truck modelers the full package, Pictures, Contest and resources.

Thanks

Dan

Guest Anthony Oteri

Back when Tim took over Plastic Cowboy from Jay Lockard, there was a post on MTDC thanking Jay for all that he did with PC. Jay replied "Don't thank me thank Tim for taking it over". At the time I can remember thinking it was very logical that Tim was the next web master of the site. Now that the torch has been passed, I think the thank you's that Tim is getting are very deserved because if it were not for him there might not have been a Plastic Cowboy web site to pass on to Dan. Thank's to Dan, Truck Modeler will go on. Good luck Dan, I sincerly wish you the best. I am no longer building and therefore will not be as frequent a visitor to TM as when I was building on a regular basis but I do look forward to your updates.

Anthony

Edited by Anthony Oteri

Tim I'm another one of the many that you inspired to get back into model building.I too just happened upon your website shortly after a friend bought me a Paystar 5000 dump truck model for christmas a few years back.I've always looked at your site for inspiration.Now enjoy some of your free time.

Dan I just checked out the site and I think it looks great.I'm sure you'll do Tim proud.

Dan:

I like what you've done so far. I imagine you'll do a fine job!!!! I do plan on sending in my pics as well of my new builds.

Tim: You did an awesome job when you had your website. My friend Ronnie, got me back into modeling after a long absense from the hobby. He was the one that told me about your website. I've started a website as well, but have no clue on what I'm doing, so now it sits idle while i figure out what to do and how to do it!!Ever since I've been checking out your site, i've been in awe!!!! Your work on your trucks is absolutley stunning. Your attention to detail is remarkable. Your research amazes me. Your facts on Peterbilt Motors is second to none. And how you pump out models one after another still baffles me....lol. I can't figure out how you find the time to do all that modeling. I would love to build trucks on a steady basis like yourself, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for what you have contributed to the hobby of model truck building and thank you for inspiring a bunch of us. Enjoy your free time.

Johnny

Hi Tim,

Let me thanks you for the great work you have done to the site during the last seven years and also a big compliment to all those great models there.

Dan,good luck with this site,it´s looking very nice.Keep up the good work.You´ve made a nice layout for it.

Cheers,Chris