Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moved Post- How Do I find It & Where Did it Go?

I recently went to update a thread of mine and couldn't find it. It seems a lot of my threads have been moved recently with the reconfiguring of the boards. I don't really mind them being moved, but I do have a suggestion. Would it be possible to PM the poster to notify them of the move?

I recently went to update a thread of mine and couldn't find it. It seems a lot of my threads have been moved recently with the reconfiguring of the boards. I don't really mind them being moved, but I do have a suggestion. Would it be possible to PM the poster to notify them of the move?

If I had to PM every person who's post I had to put in the right place I would need a staff here just to keep up with all the PMs.

So the answer is no. Either post in the right place to begin with, or posts will be moved to where they should have been posted. No time for a personal letter of explanation to everyone.

Sometimes I will leave a note indicating a topic has been moved, and other times not. Why not all the time? Most times it's clear a post should have been posted elsewhere (say, a Ford F-150 in the Model Cars "On the Workbench" section), sometimes the poster has had several posts moved in the recent past and still continues to post in the wrong area, and sometimes I forget to click that option.

In some cases, I will PM the member and let them know what I did or moved, but most times, I won't, since the posts can be found via each member's Profile page.

Everyone has the ability to find topics they started and participated in by going to their profile page and clicking either "Topics" or "Posts" from the menu on the left-hand side, or "Find Content" at the top right of the profile page. Click on "Topics" and it will show you "Topics I've Started", and so on.